Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

airline baggage

Options
  • 08-08-2007 6:12pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 103 ✭✭

Hi, sorry if this is a silly question, for flying in the eu does all my carry on have to be in a clear bag or just the liquids??

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 556 ✭✭✭OTK

just liquids. All containers must be under 100ml. Ziplock bags are provided at the airports.

• Registered Users Posts: 21,421 ✭✭✭✭Alun

Just the liquids, although the term 'liquid' is used quite broadly and includes things like toothpaste and, if you're girl, lipstick for some strange reason.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,970 ✭✭✭✭A Dub in Glasgo

• Closed Accounts Posts: 103 ✭✭happydance

Thanks, so I can have my normal handbag then?? I read the airport page but I thought I heard something about everything having to go in the bag, must have been ages ago or something! Thanks

• Closed Accounts Posts: 556 ✭✭✭OTK

makeup and aerosols also go in the clear bag. You can carry another piece of carry-on luggage such as a handbag.
    Once you get past the security check, you can put the plastic bag back in our handbag.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 24,954 ✭✭✭✭Wishbone Ash

OTK wrote:
    All containers must be under 100ml
    This is an important point - it is the container not the contents which must be under 100ml. If you have 50ml of expensive aftershave/perfume in a 150ml bottle, it may be confiscated.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,163 ✭✭✭ZENER

It should also be pointed out that if you buy something > 100ml once you have gone through the checks you won't be allowed bring it onto a transatlantic flight. Some EU airlines will also confiscate it.

ZEN

• Registered Users Posts: 4,285 ✭✭✭arctictree

I'm travelling now about once per week and my shaving foam keeps getting confiscated! I can't find any shaving foam less than 100ml in the shops. Anyone any tips?

• Registered Users Posts: 24,954 ✭✭✭✭Wishbone Ash

arctictree wrote:
    I can't find any shaving foam less than 100ml in the shops. Anyone any tips?
    I use the shaving oil when I'm travelling. It comes in a tiny bottle.

Advertisement