Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Any update on the search function?

• 07-08-2007 11:29pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,496 ✭✭✭

For over a year now we've been told "it's on the way" or "have patience" but surely there must be a rough idea of when the full search will be re-enabled.

It seems there have been hardware upgrades recently and kudos to the admins on that (I can actually use boards between 12pm and 2pm now) but if the speed is improved surely the search can be too?

I have a feeling if mods didn't have full search access like the rest of us it would have been back long before now....

EDIT: that last statement may have, in fact, been based on a questionable source. boo!
    Post edited by Shield on

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29,130 ✭✭✭✭Karl Hungus

quarryman wrote:
    I have a feeling if mods didn't have full search access like the rest of us it would have been back long before now....

:confused:

Where the hell are you getting this information? We don't have full search access at all. Infact, all we have is the ability to search the last 20 posts of a user, and that's only on the boards we moderate. We don't have anything even near full search. Fact.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,496 ✭✭✭quarryman

i saw it written on the door of a cubicle, it also had FACT written after it. Last time i trust a statement with fact written after it as a fact.

question still stands however...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,061 ✭✭✭✭Terry

Google> site:boards.ie "search terms".
    Easy.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29,130 ✭✭✭✭Karl Hungus

quarryman wrote:
    i saw it written on the door of a cubicle, it also had FACT written after it. Last time i trust a statement with fact written after it as a fact.

That made me chuckle. :D

Would the words "Guaranteed by Karl, or a free feltching* if untrue" make you feel better about it?

*by Rozie

Advertisement