Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Gumshields

Options
  • 07-08-2007 11:21pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 14,483 ✭✭✭✭

This post has been deleted.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,918 ✭✭✭Steffano2002

A little bit on the expensive side but probably worth it as it fits your teeth & gum perfectly... Might get one for this season!

Thanks for the link daveirl! ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,686 ✭✭✭EdgarAllenPoo

There was supposed to be a place in Navan that made cutom gumshields. They'd send you a kit and you send back a dental impression using the kit and they'd make one to fit. The company won an award (I read that in the paper, that's how I found out about them).

I managed to find this;

Gummie Gumshields Ltd
    Unit 11, Navan Enterprise Centre,
    Trim Road
    Navan
    Co Meath
    Tel: 046 9075451

I have no idea if they're still in business.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,483 ✭✭✭✭daveirl

• Registered Users Posts: 165 ✭✭justdoit

I know this is entirely anecdotal, but I have always worn a gum shield since breaking front tooth at an early age. During teens wore a specially fitted orthodontic one, which snapped my cap off, leaving it stuck in the gum shield when I took it out. I have never broken a tooth using a cheap, mould yourself job from Lifestyle, and that's what I wear to this day... Just my 2c

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,151 ✭✭✭Thomas_S_Hunterson

daveirl wrote:
    that's a rip!

Back when I was playing in school, they'd bring in a dentist at the start of every season and we'd have the option of getting one for €25 if we wanted.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,686 ✭✭✭tHE vAGGABOND

Got mine from my dentist for 40 or 50 quid..

My teeth are bad enough, not taking any chances :)

• Registered Users Posts: 441 ✭✭De Deraco

I have always wore the cheap boil in a cup ones is there really that big a difference between them and the dentist ones.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,686 ✭✭✭EdgarAllenPoo

I bought a shock doctor V2 one. It's a gel shield which is handier for me than boil and bite because I have a fang.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,918 ✭✭✭Steffano2002

De Deraco wrote:
    I have always wore the cheap boil in a cup ones is there really that big a difference between them and the dentist ones.
    Same here... And they've always done the job! :D

Might invest in a proper one this season though...

• Registered Users Posts: 14,330 ✭✭✭✭Amz

I use a Shock Doctor Double, had Shock Doctor pro, but it hurt the inside of my mouth and was too rigid that it made me feel sick.

The two/three Euro ones in Lifestyle always felt a little flimsy, but I'd say they're better than nothing.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 6,939 ✭✭✭mikedragon32

I've used shock doctor gumshields ever since they were first introduced to the market, gread products. Like GDM I also have fangs!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,483 ✭✭✭✭daveirl

Advertisement