Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Classical Music

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 9,487 ✭✭✭banquo

Oh God, just listened to a sample of that. Just... ignore it.

What pieces of 'Classical Music' have you listened to that you like? Usually the best way to learn more is to listen to other pieces by the same composer that you like and familiarise yourself with him, and then move on to another composer and see what's different, and you learn.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,718 ✭✭✭The Mad Hatter

It's not audio, but a good place to start would be with Aaron Copland's book What To Listen For in Music. It's a little old-fashioned, but the information is there, and it gives a good clear description of the various styles and such that you can get.

I also support what banquo said - find other music by the same composers, and hey, ask around here. I'm sure if you like something, then someone online will be able to recommend you something similar.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 633 ✭✭✭IncredibleHulk

It's not audio, but a good place to start would be with Aaron Copland's book What To Listen For in Music. It's a little old-fashioned, but the information is there, and it gives a good clear description of the various styles and such that you can get.

I also support what banquo said - find other music by the same composers, and hey, ask around here. I'm sure if you like something, then someone online will be able to recommend you something similar.

Thanks for reply. Actually I want to learn about classical music and all the composers. Getting "Classical Music for Dummies" with a CD, that sort of thing or audio books like those from Naxos. Prefer if books are audio to listen while driving

Advertisement