Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

powerhouse laptop advice

Options
  • 07-08-2007 1:44am
    Registered Users Posts: 158 ✭✭

Hi

I'm looking to buy a new laptop something low profile 12 or 13 inch screen
    with min 4GB ram, i'm finding it difficult to find a laptop to support 4GB of ram can anyone point me in the right direction?

Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,211 ✭✭✭here.from.day.1

Generally the larger the laptop the better/more powerful components you will find available to you, so trying to find a smaller sized powerful laptop wont be as easy especially depending on your budget. 4GB Ram is only supported with chipsets/OS. On a 32 bit machine the OS will only recognise around 3.25GB of the ram, on non Santa Rosa at least. Whatever you choose I would advise buying the machine with as little ram as possible and upgrading it yourself - very easy and works out far cheaper.

Anyway like I said what is available to you depends greatly on your budget. If it allows for I would suggest a Dell XPS M1330. Has a nice very nice design compared to any of their other laptops (Design outsourced wouldnt you know it) and packs decent performance for its size.

Advertisement