Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

fox calls

Options
  • 06-08-2007 10:59am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 34

hi lads,
    any ideas on calling foxs

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,271 ✭✭✭✭johngalway

Callmaster digital caller

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,096 ✭✭✭bunny shooter

tommym wrote:
    hi lads,
    any ideas on calling foxs

What you want to know about......calls, tactics etc ....... ?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,194 ✭✭✭Trojan911

tommym wrote:
    hi lads, any ideas on calling foxs

Wet aeroboard (the tight type) on glass always worked for me.....

TJ911...

• Registered Users Posts: 907 ✭✭✭scuby

Trojan911 wrote:
    Wet aeroboard (the tight type) on glass always worked for me.....

TJ911...

agree with ya there...

• Registered Users Posts: 536 ✭✭✭tikkamark

Practice calling by sucking air through your lips on the palm of your hand it takes a lot of practice but once you get the hang of it you wont need much else maybe the electronic call for long range sound but with the hand squeel i have called in a serious amount of foxes even called a few out of heavy cover in the middle of the day using this tactic.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 10,271 ✭✭✭✭johngalway

I've heard Mark firsthand call in a fox using that method, he's excellent at it.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,339 ✭✭✭J.R.

I bought a fox call CD on e-bay - very cheap & has 36 calls - all very realistic.
    I've put the best five (rabbit & hare calls) onto to the sounds file on my mobile phone.
    Now I always have the fox call with me when shooting. I have one on it of a wounded hare & they come charging in when they hear it.

• Registered Users Posts: 281 ✭✭the hunter

J.R. wrote:
    I've put the best five (rabbit & hare calls) onto to the sounds file on my mobile phone.

well are you going to send them to us :D ??? everyone send j.r .your number and we will alll have them with us when out shooting ???

• Registered Users Posts: 11,393 ✭✭✭✭Vegeta

WAM fox caller best I'v used and I have one of those electronic callers

• Registered Users Posts: 2,339 ✭✭✭J.R.

the hunter wrote:
    well are you going to send them to us :D ??? everyone send j.r .your number and we will alll have them with us when out shooting ???

I don't have a clue how to send sounds by mobile....just use it to answer / receive calls but I'm okay on computer.......I've posted some pics here before using Photobucket so I'll check their site over the weekend to see if I can upload sounds to the forum........if it's possible I'll put the best up.

If anyone has ideas on how to upload sounds to the forum please let us know....there could be some brilliant calls out there among all of us to share.

Will let you know how I get on.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 8,570 ✭✭✭Rovi

the hunter wrote:
    They'd certainly be unique ringtones, anyway. :D

• Registered Users Posts: 3,224 ✭✭✭Kramer

Rovi wrote:
    They'd certainly be unique ringtones, anyway. :D

:D:D:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,194 ✭✭✭Trojan911

tikkamark wrote:
    Practice calling by sucking air through your lips on the palm of your hand it takes a lot of practice

Been trying to practice that method but no go.... Get to the point of passing out & give up... :D

Tried out an electronic caller I borrowed recently & that has a fox bark on it. It called out five foxes that night in an hour.

TJ911...

• Registered Users Posts: 150 ✭✭Slug chucker

Anybody tried the ucaller:
    http://www.lractive.com/catalog/product_info.php?cPath=68&products_id=146&osCsid=fe67707f5620328dcac1689937ce1bf5
    I have a few different types of calls but bar one mouth call they all don't sound like the real thing, the wounded rabbit doesn't sound natural.
    I'm thinking about buying the ucaller as the sounds are native Irish species according to the manufacturer.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,772 ✭✭✭meathstevie

I have one of these yokes for a while now. Works well on grey crows and not too bad on magpies. Haven't tried on foxes yet. General impression is not too bad though. One little thing : don't buy it without the plug in speaker, the sound quality is useless without it. You should be able to get the lot for about 140 euro

• Closed Accounts Posts: 103 ✭✭Banjax

I've used a between the teeth device made by Olt, I've always found it very effective and allows me to have my two hands free. My duck call is also by Olt, and is also very good.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,096 ✭✭✭bunny shooter

Have the OLT fox one too, excellent bit of kit

Advertisement