Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Things to hate about Donegal ?..

Options
  • 05-08-2007 9:18pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 3,797 ✭✭✭

1: The Health service.
    2: The greed.
    3: The ignorance and prejudice against foreign national's.
    4: The loss of real community spirit.
    5: The obvious corruption.
    6: The power of one political party.
    7: Donegal County Council's dismissive attitude, and it's record of ineptitude.
    8: The acceptance by people of the disgusting neglect of Donegal by Government.

muffler suggested a thread like this and I am happy to oblige .

That will do from me, Please add your own favourite hate's ;), and lets forget the weather :) .

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 14,330 ✭✭✭✭jimmycrackcorm

Paddy20 wrote:
    1: The Health service.
    2: The greed.
    3: The ignorance and prejudice against foreign national's.
    4: The loss of real community spirit.
    5: The obvious corruption.
    6: The power of one political party.
    7: Donegal County Council's dismissive attitude, and it's record of ineptitude.
    8: The acceptance by people of the disgusting neglect of Donegal by Government.

muffler suggested a thread like this and I am happy to oblige .

That will do from me, Please add your own favourite hate's ;), and lets forget the weather :) .

Apart from #7 all the others aren't specific to Donegal and #7 is a matter of opinion only.

• Registered Users Posts: 681 ✭✭✭Enemy Of Fate

Everything.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 234 ✭✭ctc_celtic

Can we please get a new sub-forum for threads like this, maybe Anti-Donegal.
    I'm proud to live in Donegal and having lived in many other places, the only place i want to live in is Donegal. If you dont like it, move!!

Muffler, if you did suggested a thread like this, you fallen from your lofted mantel in my head:D

• Registered Users Posts: 21,676 ✭✭✭✭smashey

Everything.
    Move elsewhere then.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 277 ✭✭Mexicola

Apart from #7 all the others aren't specific to Donegal and #7 is a matter of opinion only.

Exactly - bar 7, this list could apply to every other county in Ireland!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 45,858 ✭✭✭✭muffler

ctc_celtic wrote:
    Can we please get a new sub-forum for threads like this, maybe Anti-Donegal.
    I'm proud to live in Donegal and having lived in many other places, the only place i want to live in is Donegal. If you dont like it, move!!

Muffler, if you did suggested a thread like this, you fallen from your lofted mantel in my head:D
    We had a recent thread - Things to like about Donegal - where we had a couple of users who posted things that they didnt like and as they were posting off topic I warned them to desist and innocently suggested that they start a new thread if they wished. Little did I think that Paddy20 would instigate this thread.

Anyway as there was only one reply in a week I left it open as it was going nowhere as i thought. Paddy20 is always ranting on about begrudgers but is at odds with his own philosophies when he starts a thread like this.

I see no good reason to keep this open. We should be trying to promote our County and the North West in general instead of running it down with negative comments.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement