Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

living room dvd unit needed...

Options
  • 05-08-2007 8:34pm
    Registered Users Posts: 132 ✭✭

OK, so we're running out of space for our DVDs, and so I put together a design for a nice mahogany (this type of look) unit to be wall-mounted into a small corner and go above the log box around the chimney breast. It's a very simple press design about 1200 tall, 800 wide but then fairly shallow (say just big enough to fit a dvd, 7 or 8 inches or so). Anyway, all very simple with just two long slim routered doors at the front, with the shelving spaced to fit dvds. And then I guess a nice finishing strip along the top and bottom to fit in

I'd be well able to put the thing together myself but the issue with finishing it to the same mahogany finish as the rest of the room's furniture is what concerns me. Does anyone know of any good contacts in the county louth area who might be able to to either do a good custom project like this, or indeed just be able to provide a good finish to the mahogany.

Thanks in advance!

Advertisement