Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

CIÉ Chairmain in Sunday Business Post

Options
  • 05-08-2007 7:32pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 2,075 ✭✭✭

There's an article in todays SBP about all the changes coming in what John Lynch calls a 'transport revolution'.

Lots of stuff that's been announced but I'm seriously concerned that the matter of the Interconnector/DART Underground isn't mentioned once in the article!

Also, "One of Iarnrod Eireann’s biggest undertakings for the future of rail services will be the creation of a new rail depot at Broadstone, just minutes from the quays in the northside of Dublin city." I'd heard this before but hen it's mentioned in an article that doesn't refer to DART Underground I start to wonder.

Here's the article. Did I miss the mention of the interconnector? DART expansion is mentioned, but only the city centre resignalling job.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,316 ✭✭✭KC61

No you didn't miss it, but the article does seem to be dealing with more immediate projects, while continuing the turf war on Broadstone!

DART interconnector is well and truly alive - look at the link below from the Irish Rail website that has only appeared in the last 5 weeks:

http://www.irishrail.ie/projects/dart_underground.asp

• Registered Users Posts: 78,249 ✭✭✭✭Victor

In other news he has been reappointed until 2010.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 524 ✭✭✭DerekP11

Victor wrote:
    In other news he has been reappointed until 2010.

To lead CIE troops in the Turf Wars, no doubt.

Turf Wars. Episode IV - A New Dope.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,133 ✭✭✭Slice

In fairness the use of Broadstone as a terminus for Navan services and Galway intercity services via Maynooth-Athlone sounds like much better idea than putting a Luas along the route. It would effectively free up capacity on the approach to Heuston and make better use of a line that has too much capacity at present because of the bottleneck at Connolly - no?

Besides, where ever the RPA choose to take the Luas let's not forget that it's a tram and can therefore go anywhere really.

Advertisement