Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

[Eve] New E-Peen in Town

Options
  • 05-08-2007 2:03pm
    Registered Users Posts: 186 ✭✭

66- local peaked at over 700 last night...20 min grid load lag, 10 min lock time lag, 10-15 min module lag, up to 40 min log in lag,
    As u can guess, the fight never really happened, lag made it impossible, however RA decided to bring out there newest toy for all to see.
    http://dl.eve-files.com/media/corp/Mirasta/TitanOmgz!.jpg
    They decided not to learn from f-t and jump bridge lots of ships into an already lagged out system, suffice it to say, that wasnt a good idea.

Oh an btw Gneez sux....

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,139 ✭✭✭kyp_durron

Glippo wrote:
    66- local peaked at over 700 last night...20 min grid load lag, 10 min lock time lag, 10-15 min module lag, up to 40 min log in lag,
    As u can guess, the fight never really happened, lag made it impossible, however RA decided to bring out there newest toy for all to see.
    http://dl.eve-files.com/media/corp/Mirasta/TitanOmgz!.jpg
    They decided not to learn from f-t and jump bridge lots of ships into an already lagged out system, suffice it to say, that wasnt a good idea.

Oh an btw Gneez sux....

Sounds like you're having a ball in BoB then...

10-15 module lag, damn I really wish I was there.

• Registered Users Posts: 186 ✭✭Glippo

kyp_durron wrote:
    Sounds like you're having a ball in BoB then...

10-15 module lag, damn I really wish I was there.

Yea the lag was really horrible, was a pity aswell, cause with the amount of ppl, it was shaping up to be a huge battle

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,325 ✭✭✭Frankiestylee

Are you in a German corp?

Are you in a German corp?

Lol no thats just the SS thats been circulating, that SS wasnt taken in 66-, as u can see

• Closed Accounts Posts: 165 ✭✭Renesco

short version

bob loses 9-9
    bob loses tenerifis
    bob is losint 66-
    bob is about to get pushed out of omist

Glippo joined bob expecting to win, instead he joins sinking ship

getting gently carressed by goons hurts doesnt it

see you in faythabolis

• Advertisement

Renesco wrote:
    short version

bob loses 9-9
    bob loses tenerifis
    bob is losint 66-
    bob is about to get pushed out of omist

Glippo joined bob expecting to win, instead he joins sinking ship

getting gently carressed by goons hurts doesnt it

see you in faythabolis

Lol again ur goon smack amuses me, i see your a fan of James 315 and YACAODI1MAC
    Btw, why must you always provoke and smack, why not just comment on RA's new titan?

because i'm a troll

• Registered Users Posts: 3,739 ✭✭✭BigEejit

Indeed, was hoping that ban was going to be permanent :D

But as was stated many times .... 500 talentless smacktalking idiots in t1 cruisers will beat 200 highly skilled guys in T2 fitted BS's a lot of the time due to the lag.
    Of course RA etc are also involved, but they are only there to take down the POS's, the meatshield is to keep Bob off their dreads.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,488 ✭✭✭✭Sand

500 talentless smacktalking idiots in t1 cruisers will beat 200 highly skilled guys in T2 fitted BS's a lot of the time due to the lag.

Lag is, always has been and probably always will be part of online gaming. Id say fighting in those conditions sucks balls, but thats what you sign up for in alliance level warfare. I really doubt BoB's never dealt with lag before in their past fighting so that shouldnt be an excuse tbh.

Sand wrote:
    Lag is, always has been and probably always will be part of online gaming. Id say fighting in those conditions sucks balls, but thats what you sign up for in alliance level warfare. I really doubt BoB's never dealt with lag before in their past fighting so that shouldnt be an excuse tbh.

Unfortunately, the lag is terrible, alot laggier than jv1v, which has been the biggest battle in eve history so far, or f-t.
    This is caused by a few things, mainly, the lastest patch which has made the lag alot worse, also,
    Last night goons (and friends) outnumbered us 3-1, but not only that, they decided they would lag the system even more, they started dropping cans everywhere, all over the sysem, which increased the lag alot, they also decided that they would deploy drones, probly increasing lag lol i dunno 5 times.

They did this so much that a GM was called in, ironicly, the system was so lagged, that he could not log into it, and nothing was done....
    It is in these laggy situations that numbers rule all, a fleet battle is decided by proper target calling and target switching, in lag this becomes impossible, and so if u look at it this way...... with the ability to hit primarys removed, alot of ppl will just start hitting w/e they can see, which is natural, now on a big scale in an even fight, this evens out to be a huge lot of 1v1's, however in the outnumbered situation we fight, it becomes 3v1 on every ship,
    And still we manage to kill alot more of them, then they kill of us, ( and b4 u say it, RA, TCF, UNL, and even some goons, do fight in BS's).

And b4 Gneez hops all over me, im not trying to whine, im just explaining the situation, and given that the war is actually atm a stalemate, we are not losing, even with the 3-1 odds, and the goons purposely laggin the system.

• Advertisement

BigEejit wrote:

But as was stated many times .... 500 talentless smacktalking idiots in t1 cruisers will beat 200 highly skilled guys in T2 fitted BS's a lot of the time due to the lag.
    Of course RA etc are also involved, but they are only there to take down the POS's, the meatshield is to keep Bob off their dreads.

You seem very bitter BigEejit :D

Also "500 talentless smacktalking idiots in t1 cruisers will beat 200 highly skilled guys in T2 fitted BS's a lot of the time due to the lag." Bit of a generalization don't you think, might have been true a year or so ago, but not now. Also where was that stated many times? Eve-O? Cause I remember in a previous thread you told me not to bring my Eve-O point scoring bollocks on here. :D

Any way I thought BoB cleared their cashe all the time because they are smart and can deal with lag better then most, I also remember them smacking on the forums telling everyone else to deal with it. Time to take your own advice it would seem. and oh **** yeah smiley face :D can't leave him out, the back bone of all good posts.

This is why I say **** fleet combat cause it's crap and a waste of your time sitting about lagged out to hell waiting for your mods to activate. Small to medium gang fights are where the fun is, and I don't really give a **** what you say about goons lagging out the systems I hope they do all day everyday, why not? if you have the numbers use them. Hell it's more honourable then spawning BPO's. oh wait I forgot :D

Sand wrote:
    Lots of people have lag in fights, I have been in 100 v 100 with 2 or 3 minute module lag and it was a pain in the ass, all effects turned off and zoomed out and then playing just by using the overview.. and it was still a flipping slideshow.
    Those days are long gone as goons will send in 500+ people (or in the case of jv1v 1000+) into a system to lag it out... because they know that when 10 minute module lag kicks in, its no longer about individuals skill, its about numbers.
    We all know that Bob getting equal numbers to Goons/TCF/CA/loads of other alliances (and they call anyone not on their side a pet ffs) is not going to happen, but I dont see BOB giving up their POS's easily either so you will see more of RA getting up at stupid o clock in the morning to hit a pos/pos's when their enemies are all in bed and then using Goons to lag the systems out so they can finish the job.

Yeh, they are crap 'tactics' but they are effective. Goons will keep using their lag tactics until CCP changes the mechanics to stop them. And dont get me started with the lamers in FREGE alliance .... sending cloaked bs's behind the lines to put Bob's station services out of action where there is no-one anywhere near them.

kyp_durron wrote:
    You seem very bitter BigEejit :D

Also "500 talentless smacktalking idiots in t1 cruisers will beat 200 highly skilled guys in T2 fitted BS's a lot of the time due to the lag." Bit of a generalization don't you think, might have been true a year or so ago, but not now. Also where was that stated many times? Eve-O? Cause I remember in a previous thread you told me not to bring my Eve-O point scoring bollocks on here. :D

Any way I thought BoB cleared their cashe all the time because they are smart and can deal with lag better then most, I also remember them smacking on the forums telling everyone else to deal with it. Time to take your own advice it would seem. and oh **** yeah smiley face :D can't leave him out, the back bone of all good posts.

This is why I say **** fleet combat cause it's crap and a waste of your time sitting about lagged out to hell waiting for your mods to activate. Small to medium gang fights are where the fun is, and I don't really give a **** what you say about goons lagging out the systems I hope they do all day everyday, why not? if you have the numbers use them. Hell it's more honourable then spawning BPO's. oh wait I forgot :D
    I was in LV (never BOB) and had to deal with that crap for ages ..... and yes, while in small gangs the Goons sometimes bring nice ships, when it comes to big important ops they show up in hundreds in cruisers to lag the system out.

When I read that Bob were saying they could handle lag better that others I knew they would one day eat their words ... and when CCP got rid of remote DD'ing I knew Bob would suddenly find lag a lot worse than they remembered :D

And I agree with you on the fleet = sucking ass. Small gang stuff is the only proper pvp these days.

oh and :p

BigEejit wrote:
    Lots of people have lag in fights, I have been in 100 v 100 with 2 or 3 minute module lag and it was a pain in the ass, all effects turned off and zoomed out and then playing just by using the overview.. and it was still a flipping slideshow.
    Those days are long gone as goons will send in 500+ people (or in the case of jv1v 1000+) into a system to lag it out... because they know that when 10 minute module lag kicks in, its no longer about individuals skill, its about numbers.
    We all know that Bob getting equal numbers to Goons/TCF/CA/loads of other alliances (and they call anyone not on their side a pet ffs) is not going to happen, but I dont see BOB giving up their POS's easily either so you will see more of RA getting up at stupid o clock in the morning to hit a pos/pos's when their enemies are all in bed and then using Goons to lag the systems out so they can finish the job.

Yeh, they are crap 'tactics' but they are effective. Goons will keep using their lag tactics until CCP changes the mechanics to stop them. And dont get me started with the lamers in FREGE alliance .... sending cloaked bs's behind the lines to put Bob's station services out of action where there is no-one anywhere near them.

What FREGE is doing makes sense, this is a war and they are dealing a blow to BoB.

Speaking of crap 'tactics' what about the D2 titan kill, you weren't complaining then were you? BoB are as guilty of metagaming as anyone.

Did it ever occur to you that 'Stupid o clock' is the russian time zone? Strange that russians would play durring there prime time isn't it? BoB have all gotten up very early to do ops as well whats the difference?

How do you figure that anyone that fights with Goons/RA are pets? Thats stupid logic tbh they dont pay rent and are fighting a common enemy, it's a coalition.

EDIT: Stop with the trolling internet drama darc you asshat!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 328 ✭✭Statso

Lol lamers in FREGE cos they are upsetting BoB+pets by damaging logistic capabilities? They must be really stupid for thinking up a new novel way to help the war. Wow wish i was as clever as you and throw even more of my numbers into an already lagged out environment instead of taking advantage of my numbers to hurt you in other places.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,488 ✭✭✭✭Sand

To be clear here - couldnt give a toss who wins between BoB and RSF. I hope tbh they grind each other down to nothingness and leave room for small/medium alliances and small/medium wars rather than the huge, laggy conflict going on between the GBC and the Southern Coalition.

Goons bring in 500 players cos they have 500 players to bring. BoB bring 200 because thats what theyve got to bring. If theyve got Russians willing to get up at stupid o clock in the morning to take down a POS then they will. Theyre under no obligation to do it at BoBs peak activity time.

Every alliance brings the biggest fleet/gang it can muster to the big fights. Not to cause lag - to win. Its not Goons problem if the servers cant handle the alliance level warfare EVE advertises itself on. Its not their problem if BoB cant match their numbers. For so long as the game includes huge targets that require large numbers in one place to take on, and are so vital to corps/alliances that they are willing to muster large numbers to defend them there will be stupidly big fleets clashing/lagging in one single system.

Again, I dont care too much about BoB but I dont recall them ever being too sympathetic to the plight of the guys they were fighting. They simply fought them inside the mechanics of the game as they existed, moved the boundaries forward the odd time, took pride in their dedication to run ops at silly hours in the morning, dealt with the lag and won more often than not. Good on them. They deservedly have a top reputation as people not to cross in EVE.

But theyre not going to get a sudden outburst of sympathy when suddenly theyre getting lagged, getting their POS's hit at stupid times in the night, getting mechanics as they exist used against them, getting outnumbered etc etc. Thats alliance warfare. Bit late in the day to suddenly realise it sucks. If youre not enjoying it, get to a smaller alliance/corp that focuses on smaller gang PvP and have fun. No point paying money every month to have a crap time.

kyp_durron wrote:
    ...Speaking of crap 'tactics' what about the D2 titan kill, you weren't complaining then were you? BoB are as guilty of metagaming as anyone. .....
    Actually I thought the first two Titan losses were very shítty...
    You bring up a good point about metagaming, its hurting the game a lot. Whether it be using a micro SB on a Titan or crashing a TS server during a fleet op it does not matter. It is effectively unstoppable though and all it will do is give the game a worse name than it has already.
    kyp_durron wrote:
    Did it ever occur to you that 'Stupid o clock' is the russian time zone? Strange that russians would play durring there prime time isn't it? BoB have all gotten up very early to do ops as well whats the difference?
    When I was in LV it was reported by a RA spy that someone in had that most of the RA dread fleet were East European and Moscow. That is 2.5 hours ahead of GMT.. so if one of their fleets of dreads turned up at 5am game time and started hammering a POS wouldnt that be 7:30am at the latest for them (for a lot of them it would be a lot earlier). Doesnt matter who does it, its just metagaming of a different sort.
    kyp_durron wrote:
    How do you figure that anyone that fights with Goons/RA are pets? Thats stupid logic tbh they dont pay rent and are fighting a common enemy, it's a coalition.
    Yeah? Last time I looked, anyone who had positive standing with Bob got called a pet.

Sand wrote:
    To be clear here - couldnt give a toss who wins between BoB and RSF. I hope tbh they grind each other down to nothingness and leave room for small/medium alliances and small/medium wars rather than the huge, laggy conflict going on between the GBC and the Southern Coalition.

Goons bring in 500 players cos they have 500 players to bring. BoB bring 200 because thats what theyve got to bring. If theyve got Russians willing to get up at stupid o clock in the morning to take down a POS then they will. Theyre under no obligation to do it at BoBs peak activity time.

Every alliance brings the biggest fleet/gang it can muster to the big fights. Not to cause lag - to win. Its not Goons problem if the servers cant handle the alliance level warfare EVE advertises itself on. Its not their problem if BoB cant match their numbers. For so long as the game includes huge targets that require large numbers in one place to take on, and are so vital to corps/alliances that they are willing to muster large numbers to defend them there will be stupidly big fleets clashing/lagging in one single system.

Again, I dont care too much about BoB but I dont recall them ever being too sympathetic to the plight of the guys they were fighting. They simply fought them inside the mechanics of the game as they existed, moved the boundaries forward the odd time, took pride in their dedication to run ops at silly hours in the morning, dealt with the lag and won more often than not. Good on them. They deservedly have a top reputation as people not to cross in EVE.

But theyre not going to get a sudden outburst of sympathy when suddenly theyre getting lagged, getting their POS's hit at stupid times in the night, getting mechanics as they exist used against them, getting outnumbered etc etc. Thats alliance warfare. Bit late in the day to suddenly realise it sucks. If youre not enjoying it, get to a smaller alliance/corp that focuses on smaller gang PvP and have fun. No point paying money every month to have a crap time.

Great post tbh. I'm really glad I have nothing to do with POS warfare, being a talentless ganker has its advantages.

Sand wrote:
    .....If youre not enjoying it, get to a smaller alliance/corp that focuses on smaller gang PvP and have fun. No point paying money every month to have a crap time.
    Indeed, thats why I let my EVE sub lapse for two months ... fighting Goons was the least amount of fun i have ever had in any game. No doubt they were having great fun, but I dont pay a sub so someone else has all the laughs.

Up north now and its good, lots of small roaming gangs on both sides .... still of course the odd lagfest. But not playing much atm due to moving house on Friday :(

BigEejit wrote:
    Actually I thought the first two Titan losses were very shítty...
    You bring up a good point about metagaming, its hurting the game a lot. Whether it be using a micro SB on a Titan or crashing a TS server during a fleet op it does not matter. It is effectively unstoppable though and all it will do is give the game a worse name than it has already.
    When I was in LV it was reported by a RA spy that someone in had that most of the RA dread fleet were East European and Moscow. That is 2.5 hours ahead of GMT.. so if one of their fleets of dreads turned up at 5am game time and started hammering a POS wouldnt that be 7:30am at the latest for them (for a lot of them it would be a lot earlier). Doesnt matter who does it, its just metagaming of a different sort.
    Yeah? Last time I looked, anyone who had positive standing with Bob got called a pet.

Well yeah there's a lot wrong with the game too, I mean has a MS been killed without desynch invovled? I know BoB used the game mechanics to their advantage with the titan kill, but they did boast about it and for the most part people applauded them.

I don't know if getting up early to shoot a POS is metagaming, I would be pissed off if someone did it to me but then again I hope never to have to deal with such scenario.

Pets are BoB renters, the rest are the GBC are some ****. I do consider renters to be pets though. The coalition is just a united force against BoB I don't see how they can be called pets.

• Advertisement

@ Glippo, it connot be worse than Jv1v as at least the 66- node held, and I was at jv1v, it was 6 simultanious node crashes followed by the GM's moving about 400 people out of system so they could start the node, Goons have the numbers and they are using them, its not about crashing nodes or lagging out systems, Its about killing bobbits and making their time in Goon space as unpleasant as possible, and fair play to them, BoB are a bunch of nerd rage afflicted meta-gaming whiney l33ter-than-thou clowns, and when i see bobbits whining all over the forums about lag, and sploits and darn gewns, it makes me smile, because I remember when people who fought bob said the same, and got flamed, ridiculed and insulted on a personal level by smacky bobbits, so suck it up, and take your ass whoping.

@ Bigeejit, I enjoyed turkeyshooting your pathetic alliance in Jv1v and the two weeks prior to it in curse, tenerifis, detorid and omist, and then when the remains of LV went to delve, we went there and ganked them there too, so please cry me some more bitter pubby tears for me they taste so good.

BigEejit wrote:

lol you know whats ironic, when we killed LV, i remember Darc was flying incursus's most of the time, and i was flying Rifters and Wolf's, and LV were flying t2 bs, command ships and HAC's, and we own3d you, simply because 500 people with small ships are supposed to be able to kill high SP players, go to the new citizen q&a in eve-o and you'll see all the new players asking ''how can i be effective because i have so little sp'' and they always get the same response, 3 noobs in frigates can kill a vet, and so it should be fofofofo

It also says a lot about LV that 500 people were willing to come pack their **** in as well tbh. I miss those free and easy incursus ownage daze tho....

Renesco wrote:
    @ Glippo, it connot be worse than Jv1v as at least the 66- node held, and I was at jv1v, it was 6 simultanious node crashes followed by the GM's moving about 400 people out of system so they could start the node, Goons have the numbers and they are using them, its not about crashing nodes or lagging out systems, Its about killing bobbits and making their time in Goon space as unpleasant as possible, and fair play to them, BoB are a bunch of nerd rage afflicted meta-gaming whiney l33ter-than-thou clowns, and when i see bobbits whining all over the forums about lag, and sploits and darn gewns, it makes me smile, because I remember when people who fought bob said the same, and got flamed, ridiculed and insulted on a personal level by smacky bobbits, so suck it up, and take your ass whoping.

You make a good point gneez, however, node crashes do not prevent lagging, 66- afaik has been reinforced node for a long time now, it is not crashing, but the actual lag is alot worse. Anyway thats neither here nor there.

As for the goons bringing 500+ people, yes they should be allowed to do so, but when they purposley start releasing cans all over the system, then deploying drones on all ships and many just sitting in there pos, not even in the fight, probly afk, ...... Just to lag the system so much, that it becomes unplayable, which as ive already explained, mean insta win for them, i consider it an exploit (metegaming w/e),

As for the titan kills, yes it may have been metagaming, but its was metagaming that was easily preventable by the titan pilots, giving them a fair chance within game mechanics to prevent it, what the goons are doing, is raping the game, in the full snese of the word.....if they want to fight us 3-1 odds, and they have the means do so fine, but DONT!! go around dropping cans and releasing drones etc etc, just to lag the system out and make it unplayable

• Registered Users Posts: 305 ✭✭mamolian

/popcorn tbh.

Renesco wrote:
    @ Bigeejit, I enjoyed turkeyshooting your pathetic alliance in Jv1v and the two weeks prior to it in curse, tenerifis, detorid and omist, and then when the remains of LV went to delve, we went there and ganked them there too, so please cry me some more bitter pubby tears for me they taste so good.
    What are you, 12? you left naa naa na naaa naaaaa off the end of that

I was gone from LV and EVE long before that... while -V- were still in their region in fact. I was very pissed off at lag and smack and generally not having fun. But hey, while you are having 'fun' with 10 minute lag on activating modules down in Tene/Omist, I am playing usually lag free up north \:) /

kyp_durron wrote:
    It also says a lot about LV that 500 people were willing to come pack their **** in as well tbh. I miss those free and easy incursus ownage daze tho....
    Nahhh ....it was just the usual EVE "gang up on the guys who look like they are losing" crap

Also it has to be said, there were some people in Shinra who used to drive me fricking bananas, and I was on their side, they no doubt generated inordinate amounts of hate in our enemies :o

Renesco wrote:
    lol you know whats ironic, when we killed LV, i remember Darc was flying incursus's most of the time, and i was flying Rifters and Wolf's, and LV were flying t2 bs, command ships and HAC's, and we own3d you, simply because 500 people with small ships are supposed to be able to kill high SP players, go to the new citizen q&a in eve-o and you'll see all the new players asking ''how can i be effective because i have so little sp'' and they always get the same response, 3 noobs in frigates can kill a vet, and so it should be fofofofo
    Yup, convinced you're 12 .....

500 people in small ships are not going to kill because "they are supposed to" or because "we r the pwnzors, fofofofofofo", they win because the lag out the damn node so much that almost no-one can activate any mods or move. But hey, keep saying that 3 frigs are supposed to kill a command ship, someone will believe it (probably a 12 year old would swallow that one readily)

BigEejit wrote:
    What are you, 12? you left naa naa na naaa naaaaa off the end of that

I was gone from LV and EVE long before that... while -V- were still in their region in fact. I was very pissed off at lag and smack and generally not having fun. But hey, while you are having 'fun' with 10 minute lag on activating modules down in Tene/Omist, I am playing usually lag free up north \:) /

I'm 24

I was up in the north too, where all your allies were dying, or hiding from us.

to summarise: I killed LV in goonspace, i kiled LV in delve, I killed ex-LV in the north and i killed ex-LV in fountain, AND i even killed them in low sec, so crawl back into your hole you bitter little n00b

the only large scale lagfests i was in was jv1v and ft- so as you can see your arguments are moot, we do small and medium gang skirmishes, so keep crying into your monitor to justify your failings

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 305 ✭✭mamolian

Renesco wrote:
    I'm 24

I was up in the north too, where all your allies were dying, or hiding from us.

to summarise: I killed LV in goonspace, i kiled LV in delve, I killed ex-LV in the north and i killed ex-LV in fountain, AND i even killed them in low sec, so crawl back into your hole you bitter little n00b

the only large scale lagfests i was in was jv1v and ft- so as you can see your arguments are moot, we do small and medium gang skirmishes, so keep crying into your monitor to justify your failings

*CRACK*

Opps almost broke a tooth on a popcorn kernel. Don't mind me, carry on :rolleyes:

Advertisement