Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

new huawei E220 user interface

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 648 ✭✭✭Tenshot

Installed it last night. Working pretty well. Mainly, I needed Vista support which this now supports fine.

My girlfriend's XP laptop has had one or two unexpected 0x00000019 HEAP_REUSE (or similar) blue screens after repeated connecting and disconnecting of the modem without a reboot; not very repeatable. Hopefully they'll sort this out. No problems under Vista.

I'd also tried Vodafone's own dashboard & drivers (from Jan/April 07) but these didn't work as well - in particular, in weak signal areas there was no way to tell Vodafone's driver to only use 3G, and it keps insisting on dropping down to GPRS. With the Huawei driver, I just set it for 3G Only and I'm getting about 150 kbps out in the wilds of Mayo.

• Registered Users Posts: 926 ✭✭✭Cal

The 2nd one down (mobile partner) has a new interface. The top one (Huawei) still has the old interface.

The new one is more cluttered but more detailed.

I also found that my speeds were down when using the top one. But that could be just weather etc.

edit: I also can't seem to find the option for 3G only in the 'mobile partner' dashboard.

Cal.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,901 ✭✭✭deckie27

Thanks lads
    was trying to get this working on vista ( some images i tried earlier today failed)
    the second one works a treat and looks well cool also

thanks again

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4 beniddi

Hi,

I have few questions regarding this update (e220-hostb107d03sp00c03.rar)

I have a 3 Ireland USB Modem working fine on Windows XP.
    I have bought recently a notebook with Vista Home preinstalled on it.
    As is specified on the modem spec, it should work with Windows Vista as well, but I found very difficult to setup under Vista. Finally after a lot of attempts ... instaling under SafeMode ... etc, I managed to install it, but still very instable. Some times the modem/mass storage device are trown out by the system.

1) Is this new update available for the 3DataModem?
    2) Will modem be able to connect to 3 Network with the new patch?

Thanks

beniddi wrote:

1) Is this new update available for the 3DataModem?
    2) Will modem be able to connect to 3 Network with the new patch?

Thanks

Both your questions are the same really. And the answer is yes it will work with your 3 Huawei E220 Modem. You just need to enter the 3 settings. I know O2 & Vodafone just need the APN. I assume that it is the same for 3.

Cal.

• Advertisement

Ok, and then what are the required settings for "3"?

beniddi wrote:
    Ok, and then what are the required setting for "3"?

They are the ones being used by your modem at the moment. Look at the settings in your user interface.

Cal.

• Registered Users Posts: 256 ✭✭jimmyjim11

APN static
    3ireland.ie

access numb.
    *98#

I updated my 3 Data Modem thinking that this solves the problem with Vista but didn't. The behaviour is the same. The Modem is detected and trown out few seconds later... This happens cyclically.

Should I update the firmware as well? Any idea?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,901 ✭✭✭deckie27

beniddi wrote:
    I updated my 3 Data Modem thinking that this solves the problem with Vista but didn't. The behaviour is the same. The Modem is detected and trown out few seconds later... This happens cyclically.

Should I update the firmware as well? Any idea?

What do u mean u updated the modem?
    did u not put the new firmware on it?
    I'm on vidafone and it worked perfect. even go rid of the branding :D

• Advertisement

First I updated only the connection manger (the content of the emulated CD, from 3 branded to Huawei generic). But this didn't solve the problem with Vista. I just have updated the firmware with a Vodafone issued, and it works perfectly under Vista. Now I'm online!

• Registered Users Posts: 95 ✭✭personguy

hi there, just wanted everyone to know that i was trying to get my 3g account working with this e220, and it was less than automatic. in fact, when i plugged the modem in after a fresh install of xp, it automatically installed a vodafone ui that was useless to me.

but this thread was essential to everything i needed and now i'm up and running. i'm running a slipstreamed xp sp3 on an asus laptop. so far no bother at all speeds between 60 and 160kbps even in my room where everything usually gets terrible reception :wink:

i hope anyone else who's having difficulties getting their modem up and running is lucky enough to stumble upon this thread.

cheers,
    -pg.

• Registered Users Posts: 1 Eleanor789

Hi Guys,

Initially, I only upgraded the connection manager by changing the content of the emulated CD from 3 branded to Huawei generic. However, this did not resolve the issue with Vista. Subsequently, I updated the firmware using a version provided by Vodafone, and now it functions flawlessly on Vista.

Advertisement