Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Insurance for taxi drivers?

Options
  • 04-08-2007 6:24pm
    Registered Users Posts: 3,225 ✭✭✭

I presume this is the most relavent forum for this post, if not I apologise. I was wondering how much on average does it cost to get car insurance as a taxi driver? Hopefully there is a taxi driver out there who can help me out!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,025 ✭✭✭Ham'nd'egger

It can vary, depending on the usual factors; ie car type and worth, level of insurance, NCB, provider, where one lives etc. As with any higher risk occupation, the rates will be somwhat higher than your typical worker; also the rates a cab driver is quoted will include public liability rates and will allow for higher mileage.

Quinn are reportedly quoting under €1,000 full comp, though the jury is out on how well they will be quoting in 6 year time when they begin to pay out more. Typically, you are looking at the €1,400-€2,500 range for full comp though it will and can vary from company to company and with NCB's.

Advertisement