Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

MTG hard to drum up interest!

Options
  • 03-08-2007 4:38pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,439 ✭✭✭

I've been running Friday night magic for just under a year now and we rarely get more than 6 players. We had a pre release event for Future sight and only a few people turned up! Our FNM comps are free and there are always door prizes such as boosters, rare cards and tee shirts...but people who are buying the cards don't seem interested in playing! We don't charge entry fee to play on fridays and all the prizes are free! I don't get it!!! :confused:

Are there still Magic players out there?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 825 ✭✭✭MatthewVII

Where and when are these events?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1 Ageless Entity

Anyone know of any events MTG events happening in and around the Belfast area?

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 15,227 Mod ✭✭✭✭FutureGuy

Skinfull, I play Star Trek 2E CCG in Limerick/Cork and we don't go anywhere near the shops in the area.

We're finding the same problem with recruiting new players (gramted Trek is a much smaller game when compared with Magic) but from what I have heard, all games are finding it hard to recruit new blood recently :(

• Registered Users Posts: 998 ✭✭✭zekiel

Were are these events held skinful?

There is usually a tourny on in the wynns hotel abbey street every few weeks.
    There is a ptq this sunday there starting at 10am.

Timespiral block constructed.

also you can usually find players on tue/wed in the mercantile on dame street.

On saturdays you can find players in the 3rd place (name might be wrong) downstairs on crow street just off dame street.. usually from 12pm onwards.

Advertisement