Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

New county team manager. Who?

Options
  • 03-08-2007 12:17am
    Registered Users Posts: 21,676 ✭✭✭✭

Right, I know there is a GAA forum here and the mods can move this if need be but I'd like to get a more local answer.

As Brian McIver has resigned. who would you like as the new man.

Martin McHugh has no interest in the position while Donal Reid and Declan Bonner have both declared an interest. Personally, I'd like to see Charlie Mulgrew given a chance.

What say ye?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 45,855 ✭✭✭✭muffler

smashey wrote:
    As Brian McIver has resigned. who would you like as the new man.
    Paddy20

m ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 43,311 ✭✭✭✭K-9

Lk Post I think said it was likely Mulgrew would go for it. Maybe Reid/Mulgrew and Bonner/Mulgrew.

Ideally, Joe Kernan if outside the county. Really can't see any others from outside the county that could do it better.

From looking at reports about players behaviour on Sat, Sun and Monday whoever it is has their hands full, but the nucleus is there of a Ulster winning side.

Mad Men's Don Draper : What you call love was invented by guys like me, to sell nylons.

• Registered Users Posts: 21,676 ✭✭✭✭smashey

Looks like McIver has had a change of mind. Weird.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,282 ✭✭✭Carrickman

Would love to see him back again as he would be a hell of a lot better that some of the names that went foward for the job!

• Registered Users Posts: 43,311 ✭✭✭✭K-9

Well McIver is going forward.

Charlie Mulgrew, Jim McGuinness and Donal Reid appear to have been officially declared to.

One interesting point brought up in the People's Press, why should people go for a Manager that is only going to be there for a year, as against anybody else who will get a 3 year contract?

Maybe a manager for 1 year is a bad idea, especially with the cuurent development of the squad. With Ulster being even more competitive than normal next year do we need a 3 year plan?

Mad Men's Don Draper : What you call love was invented by guys like me, to sell nylons.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 431 ✭✭donegalman1

I'd imagine the Mc Ivor could pick up where he left off, and he certainly worked well. There is something to build on rather than starting afresh perhaps. Was there a serious issue with player discipline at the end of last season and if so maybe he feels this will be resolved, hence contributing to the rethink.

If there are problems a new manager would have to come in very tough.

McIver has been re-appointed. I can't really argue with that decision.

• Registered Users Posts: 29,294 ✭✭✭✭Mint Sauce

re appinted after he resigned, did he go through the same application process as everyone else?

irish-stew wrote:
    re appinted after he resigned, did he go through the same application process as everyone else?
    He did.

Advertisement