Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Post Grad - Grant

Options
  • 02-08-2007 10:01pm
    Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 23,204 Mod ✭✭✭✭

Going to be starting a part time post grad.

I live on my own and support myself. I'm in full time employment hence the part time part.

I know I can claim back tax but is there anything else I can do.

Does any one know if I'm entitled to a grant and if so how do I apply.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 538 ✭✭✭Electric

Suppose you could give the Revenue Commissioners a ring. They are very helpful and would probably be able to give you the best advice.

The numbers are in the phone book or look online at www.revenue.ie

Unfortunately, the maintenance grant is only for full-time education courses.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 23,204 Mod ✭✭✭✭godtabh

Myth wrote:
    Unfortunately, the maintenance grant is only for full-time education courses.

So its only the tax breaks for fees I can get?

As far as I know, yeah. I don't think there's anything else, but there might be some area of assistance available with scholarships from the college and/or your own workplace.

Advertisement