Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Price increase after deposit paid??

Options
  • 02-08-2007 1:24pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,711 ✭✭✭

Hi all

Question: as i'm not sure where i stand. late last year i put an €800 deposit down on a wedding reception, we were given the menus, which had the prices of everything etc. Grand job, calculator came out....figures done.

we went in to see them again recently, and were told the menus had changed, and we were given a copy. I didn't notice at the time but the prices on the new menu's had increased.

i know this is my fault, but i had missed a disclaimer on the first brocheur we got, saying that prices were subject to increase, if food or labour prices increased, blah blah....

I was under the impression, if i put a deposit down on something (goods or a service), i was securing the price at the time of the deposit being put down??? Am i wrong here :confused:

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 265 ✭✭junkster12345

would'nt have a clue bud, contact these guys and see if you have a leg to stand on

• Registered Users Posts: 265 ✭✭junkster12345

oops....would have been handy if i gave you the link as well !!
    http://www.consumerassociation.ie

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,493 ✭✭✭mcaul

You'll find with nearly all wedding venues that a price increase clause is inputted into the contract especially when the event is sometimes 12 - 18months away.

Inflation is 5% at present, whilst restaurant inflation is about 9%, so an increase between 5% & 9% can be justified via this clause. Any higher increase cannot be justified.

Advertisement