Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Franking as proof of postage

Options
  • 02-08-2007 11:30am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 18

Hi

Can anyone tell me if a franking machine for sending post can be seen as proof of postage.

Having difficulty with a mail order that I returned to England and company have not recieved returns because of a mail strike. They will not send me new order until they have recieved goods or if I have proof of postage. This is why I need to know about franking.

Anyone? Thanks

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 120 ✭✭samelterrance

babs007 wrote:
    Hi

Can anyone tell me if a franking machine for sending post can be seen as proof of postage.

Having difficulty with a mail order that I returned to England and company have not recieved returns because of a mail strike. They will not send me new order until they have recieved goods or if I have proof of postage. This is why I need to know about franking.

Anyone? Thanks

Hi,

No,
    I had a franking machine,
    nothing stopping you from franking and leaving the envelope on your bedside locker. By Proof of postage they would like tracking number or signatury on something like DHL, or if you did a registered letter through the post office.

Cheers

• Registered Users Posts: 9,783 ✭✭✭antoinolachtnai

You could also get a certificate of posting when you send it.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,886 ✭✭✭cgarvey

No, because franking is only proof of payment of postage, not proof of entry in to the postal system. A certificate of postage can be obtained, but generally not with franked post (as they enter the postal system via a dedicated route, usually).

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,290 ✭✭✭ircoha

Hi,

No,
    I had a franking machine, nothing stopping you from franking and leaving the envelope on your bedside locker.

Franking machine/envelope/bedside locker.
    Perhaps a typo!:D :D

• Registered Users Posts: 25,243 ✭✭✭✭Jesus Wept

You can roll the date back and forward to your hearts desire.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,734 ✭✭✭Newaglish

Proof that you franked the letter holds equal status as a receipt from a shop for stamps, unfortunately!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,834 ✭✭✭Sonnenblumen

Franking is a stamp with a date, but NOT a posting date.

Proof=Receipt

Advertisement