Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Ireland and Fake Ids(and using relatives)

Options
  • 01-08-2007 9:26pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1

Im gonna be like 2 weeks away from 17 when im in Ireland this summer, and its a big extended family trip (of course im the only one under the drinking age out of like 12 of us) 1. Would bouncers and such recognize an fake ID from another country as easily (lets just say US). 2. What would happen if I used a cousins and they dont think its me? 3. Do they go around checking peoples ids that they think are under 18 after 9pm? 4. If your with a big family with adults and your the only one under 18, any chance of them just letting you in?

P.s. I think this is a drinking forum I just googled ireland and drinking and this came up

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,046 ✭✭✭afatbollix

P.s. I think this is a drinking forum I just googled ireland and drinking and this came up
    lol

they banned drinking in ireland... you do know its bad for ya?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 36,634 ✭✭✭✭Ruu_Old

They only have the non alcoholic stuff in Ireland now. :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,277 ✭✭✭✭Rb

You shouldn't have a problem in a lot of pubs. Clubs are a different matter, but a foreign ID may work.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,314 ✭✭✭✭Collie D

What would happen if I used a cousins and they dont think its me?

Unless you're your cousin's double I wouldn't bother..they'll want photo ID.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 667 ✭✭✭aequinoctium

you'll get into most pubs with your family

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 265 ✭✭jellybean520

I won't claim to be an expert as it's many years since I was in such a predicament! From my experience you'll be just fine. There's no spot checks once you're in the door. If you've got a real baby face then you may have trouble getting in initially but your fake US ID could swing it. If you go to a bar with no doormen, then as long as you don't try to get served at the counter and the drinks get bought for you, then you should be fine but once again, the fake US id should see you clear.

• Registered Users Posts: 26,061 ✭✭✭✭Terry

This is not a drinking forum.
    The legal drinking age in Ireland is 18.
    Enjoy your holiday.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement