Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

"Stone in Take Away"

Options
  • 01-08-2007 5:19pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 189 ✭✭

Hi All,

I trust this is the correct section, just looking for a bit of advise.

On Saturday we got an Indian meal from a take away which we use all the time. Delivery can be a disaster some time :( but food is great:D .

Two weeks ago we ordered and it took over an 75 minutes for the food to arrive. So I rang at least 3 time in that time as they kept saying he should be there turns out he went to the wrong adrdress etc etc. In the end I spoke to the manage and got a starter for free as an apology.

Then on Saturday gone we ordered again. Food was on time a tasted fine until i bit down and found someting unchewable mixed up in my dansak and nan, it looks like a black pebble / stone. Called to complain got an apology but told owner was on holidays and he would call me on Tueday.

I am going down to see the owner tonight. the few minutes of pain was not as bad as the disgust of finding this in my food it could have been anything and makes the mind race...

:confused: So, if you where in this situation what would you accept as a compensation? Would you notify the Food Safety Authority? :confused:

Thanks in advance
    The Gecko

I still have the stone and contents of dinner in the containers/plastoc bag.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 245 ✭✭Tweeter

Similar thing happened to myself. Got an indian for myself and my wife. My wifes had a small stone in hers. It looked like it was buried in a cauliflower chunk, very off putting. Phoned to complain and the owner himself drove to our house was extremely apologetic and arrived with a receipt reversing the laser transaction for both meals and also offered my wife any meal of her choice as a replacement. We eat from there a lot and put it down to a genuine mistake on their part and was happy enough with a full refund, an apology and a replacement meal. Still eat there regularly and have never had any problems.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,657 ✭✭✭magnumlady

I contacted the food safety authority when my daughter found a fingernail in a chocolate.
    This was in Feb. They sent me a letter to say that they had found something wrong with the chocolate but if we wanted to know the full details we had to pay 95 euro!
    We have had no contact from the company concerned, so if it ever happened again I would go to the company I had the problem with.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,834 ✭✭✭Sonnenblumen

magnumlady wrote:
    I contacted the food safety authority when my daughter found a fingernail in a chocolate.
    This was in Feb. They sent me a letter to say that they had found something wrong with the chocolate but if we wanted to know the full details we had to pay 95 euro!
    We have had no contact from the company concerned, so if it ever happened again I would go to the company I had the problem with.

I found a finger nail in a Pizza (Pizza Hut), the store offered a replacement pizza, I took it up with HQ. After much persistence, I was eventually offered a full refund plus credit for several more Pizzas. I've never been back since but if it ever happens again, I'd make a stink with solicitor and press.

I think Takeaways play the numbers and reckon that the customer will give up the ghost etc. We've all had probs with strange things in takeaways but one of these days someone's gonna pay bigtime.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 355 ✭✭peepsbates

The gf found a staple in her chips last week when we stayed in dublin overnight, it was a chippy on o connol street,
    didnt realise till we hit the hotel so we just left it, last year though
    we got food from a wimpys(sp?) which was in a petrol station and there was a lovely pube in it,
    took a mth of phonecalls before they would even refund us

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 7,485 ✭✭✭Red Alert

Your phone's camera would be a great help in cases like these where you don't actually have the offending food when complaining.

• Advertisement
Advertisement