Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

What points can you expect per unit ?

Options
  • 01-08-2007 9:18am
    Registered Users Posts: 2,614 ✭✭✭

Well im back on line with the internet, it took longer then i thought it would have but then again i do live out in the sticks.

Just wondering what program should i be using to get the best out of my 1950xt and AMD processor ?

At the moment im using rig2 from sig.

Also the last 2 units i completed i got 330points each = 660total. It takes about 18hours to complete a unit im just wondering is 330 a good score ? Does every thing look all right ?

Also i do think im using the correct program to get the benifit of my ATI card. Just can't remember what program i have been using. When i get home tonight i will be able to check.

Edit: CPU @ 2600mhz / Video card Clocked Highly also.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,145 ✭✭✭DonkeyStyle \o/

You should probably be using the GPU client... yields higher points than the normal client.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,401 ✭✭✭✭Anti

i second that, you can expect a higher ppd (points per day) then what i get now with 8/9/10 cpus folding. your 1950xt will be great for it.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,614 ✭✭✭BadCharlie

ok i have been using
    Windows XP/Vista
    GPU client GUI version

beta5 5.91

So i think im using the correct program. So 330points every 18hours or so is all i can get out of it it looks like.

Just one machine running all the time and prob that will be about it for now.

Thats very low. You should change from the GUI client to the command line client. IT works a fair bit quicker, Also raising the core speed of your 1950xt will help alot too.

could u link me to the command line client as i don't know what one that is.

Thanks

• Advertisement

thanks, i will use that one from now on.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,226 ✭✭✭hopeful

Yep...basic client is much better

I get about 660 points per 24 hours on my GPU client alone. You should do a little better as you have a 1950XT where i only have the 1950pro.

The GPU points are always 330 per WU.

Advertisement