Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Trade deadline 2007

Options
  • 31-07-2007 10:46pm
    Registered Users Posts: 5,253 ✭✭✭

Zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz...........

Oh wait a minute, the Sox signed Gagne.

I would have rather had Dye to be honest, as I feel it's the hitting that's let the Sox down this year. But I guess guys like Okajima and Delcarmen are relatively unproven in a playoff environment. Nevermind Kyle Snyder and Javier Lopez.

Even though it's AAAA and thus fairly irrelevant in the greater scheme of things, you gotta like Atlanta's pick ups of Dotel and Texeira. If I was the Mets or the Phillies, I would be afraid.

Yankees trading for Wilson Betemit? Well I'm worried.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,854 ✭✭✭zuutroy

Is Gagne gonna close?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,253 ✭✭✭Redsoxfan

Nope. That was believed to be a major stumbling block to the deal, as was his no trade clause to Boston, but both were overcome. He'll still get some save opps as the Sox are fairly protective of Papelbon.

I think his contract was restructured-it was an incentive based contract (dependent on saves) while he was with Texas.

The Sox kicked the tyres on him at the start of the year, but were frightened by the injuries and price tag. Now they have had to pay him anyway and give up a decent end of the rotation starter and a decent OF prospect.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 160 ✭✭chicoben

I'd rather have gagne than dye, with too many OF players things could get messy. Dye might have it that he'd want to play x amount of games, we could put him as replacement DH if anything bad (touch wood) were to happen to big papi. willy mo is there and so is manny, hinske, im happy with gagne. whats up with JD drew sucking though?

Gagne cost the Sox 2 games in Baltimore and now has an ERA of 16.20 since coming over from the Rangers.

Dye has 5 HR and a .364 average in the same time frame. Hinske started in RF for the Sox tonight, went 0 for 3 and left 5 men on base.

Not looking like a good choice so far.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,854 ✭✭✭zuutroy

Ah Hinske. I watched it for 3 years. Enjoy ;-)

• Advertisement

Hopefully I'm proven wrong about Gange (French-'to win'), same as I was about Dice-K and Pedroia.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 160 ✭✭chicoben

I stand corrected, eric gagne is a load of my A*se. Top of 9 red sox up by one, Gagne blows another save. Way to go Gagne!

Worst Trade Ever.

To blow a save after taking the lead against K-Rod is unforgivable.

Advertisement