Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

M50 roadworks at Dun Laoghaire

Options
  • 31-07-2007 3:29pm
    Registered Users Posts: 6,423 ✭✭✭

Does anybody know what is going on with the roadworks on the M50 between the Dun Laoghaire exit and the Kilternan exit? Is it me or is it totally ridiculous that they have the speed limit at 60 km/h nearly 2km before the roadworks actually start?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 45,055 ✭✭✭✭Mitch Connor

tinkerbell wrote:
    Does anybody know what is going on with the roadworks on the M50 between the Dun Laoghaire exit and the Kilternan exit? Is it me or is it totally ridiculous that they have the speed limit at 60 km/h nearly 2km before the roadworks actually start?
    It is work for the extention of the Luas Line, two bridges are going in i think.

Gonna be like that for a couple of years I have heard. Pain in the ass.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,895 ✭✭✭✭Stark

tinkerbell wrote:
    Is it me or is it totally ridiculous that they have the speed limit at 60 km/h nearly 2km before the roadworks actually start?

I think it's so they don't have to amend their Roadworks order when the roadworks move up along the road. Same reason why there are so many long 60km/hr sections along the N11 even when there's no roadworks going on in those particular sections. Royal pain in the ass.

• Registered Users Posts: 904 ✭✭✭steve-o

The signs are stupid! "Use Hard Shoulder" is repeated several times as you approach the area southbound when in fact the two traffic lanes have just been realigned to the left and the hard shoulder has been removed. So if anyone actually uses the hard shoulder where the signs tell them to, it will disappear on them.

Advertisement