Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Luas Red Line C1 extension

Options
  • 31-07-2007 3:11pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 318 ✭✭

Have a question about the red line luas extenstion to the Point?

When is it planned to be compleated?

When is it likely to be up and running?

thanks

Comments

• Users Awaiting Email Confirmation Posts: 371 ✭✭Traffic

Luas Line C1 is due to be completed at the end of 2009. (from RPA website www.rpa.ie)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 41 ich_verschwinde

Ya i heard 2009 aswell...
    but has there ever been talk of actually interconnecting the two Luas lines? it would make the mode of transport alot more usable for more people... Cant believe it wasnt done originally.. I think the Greens were campaigning a few months ago about actually connecting them but i don't know if its been taken seriously

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 4,963 Mod ✭✭✭✭spacetweek

Ya i heard 2009 aswell...
    but has there ever been talk of actually interconnecting the two Luas lines? it would make the mode of transport alot more usable for more people... Cant believe it wasnt done originally.. I think the Greens were campaigning a few months ago about actually connecting them but i don't know if its been taken seriously
    It is being done seriously but so far there have been no firm steps towards building it, i.e. date for start of construction etc.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,133 ✭✭✭Slice

Luas line extension to the Point is already under construction - tracks have already been laid outside the Harbourmaster pub by the IFSC, you can't see it as it's all barriered off but you could if you were on a bike standing up (like me)

• Registered Users Posts: 78,267 ✭✭✭✭Victor

There are line C1 updates here: http://www.rpa.ie/luas/news/news_letters
    Slice wrote:
    Luas line extension to the Point is already under construction - tracks have already been laid outside the Harbourmaster pub by the IFSC, you can't see it as it's all barriered off but you could if you were on a bike standing up (like me)
    Hah! I just stood on the footpath on the bridge. :D

• Advertisement

More.

Yet more.

Will post the balance when I have them labled.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,252 ✭✭✭markpb

It possibly looks nicer and neater now than before they started. Good work RPA :)

• Registered Users Posts: 14,771 ✭✭✭✭loyatemu

how is it going to take until the end of 2009? Its only about a mile and a half of track and they're already working on it!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 14,761 ✭✭✭✭Winters

Thanks for the photos Victor.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,808 ✭✭✭Ste.phen

loyatemu wrote:
    how is it going to take until the end of 2009? Its only about a mile and a half of track and they're already working on it!
    I've been wondering that myself.
    (live on Mayor St Lwr, and have trouble believing they need 7 months to relocate pipes)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,621 ✭✭✭GreenHell

Because then they can pat themselves on the back and say they were finished ahead of schedule

• Registered Users Posts: 4,828 ✭✭✭Poxyshamrock

GreenHell wrote:
    Because then they can pat themselves on the back and say they were finished ahead of schedule

Exactly there's no point in rushing. They probably know they'll be finished in late 2008 but just want to be able to say "we finished ahead of schedule" unlike CIE which are always cutting themselves too short.

Any photos of these new tracks that have been layed?

Any photos of these new tracks that have been layed?
    Yeah, will post them.

The 'puddle' in this photo is a pothole, not excavation work.

http://boards.ie/vbulletin/attachment.php?attachmentid=43316&d=1185915200

Victor wrote:
    Yeah, will post them.

The 'puddle' in this photo is a pothole, not excavation work.

http://boards.ie/vbulletin/attachment.php?attachmentid=43316&d=1185915200

Is that the photo with the track in it?
    I don't see any. I just see excavation. :confused:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 364 ✭✭Xylophonic

• Closed Accounts Posts: 318 ✭✭qwertyphobia

thanks folks

Wow! Some really great work going on down there. RPA always know how to make me smile :p

• Advertisement

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,075 ✭✭✭BendiBus

Any mention of how they'll deal operationally with the installation of the triangular crossing at Connolly? They'll need to do a bit of digging & take Connolly out of service for a while. For how long? Where is the first crossover from Connolly? Will Luas be able to continue serving Busaras during this time?

BendiBus wrote:
    Any mention of how they'll deal operationally with the installation of the triangular crossing at Connolly? They'll need to do a bit of digging & take Connolly out of service for a while. For how long? Where is the first crossover from Connolly? Will Luas be able to continue serving Busaras during this time?

AFAIK the first crossover from Connolly is on Abbey st outside the VHI office
    so they could just use Busaras as a 2 platform terminus (same as they currently use Connolly), and take Connolly out of commission for a while

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,331 ✭✭✭MarkoP11

Abbey Street will be the terminus, Busaras can't be used as a terminus station for several reasons

Inbound tram would leave Abbey Street proceed past VHI then reverse over the crossover at VHI to the outbound platform.

So Busáras will be out of commission for a few weeks/months as well as connolly?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,331 ✭✭✭MarkoP11

For that you will need to ask the RPA

Based on the track, signalling and overhead wire arrangements Busaras will have to close while the lines are joined up

• Advertisement

Potentially, if they use the entire construction period to work on the delta junction, a tiny piece at a time, they can then complete the works during the week of Christmas / New Year (2007+2008) when they have very few passengers and a shut down won't have huch effect.

Advertisement