Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

What to do with an unused Affordable Housing property?

Options
  • 26-07-2007 11:39am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1

Victor wrote:
    Someone suggested doing an Affordable Housing stickey, so please add your condensed wisdom below.

Hey can I ask a Q
    Got an affordable house in Kildare but then quit my job and moved down the country. Not supposed to rent it and no market for selling at the moment? Advice please anyone!!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 500 ✭✭✭warrenaldo

2 options - u can still do the rent a room scheme - that way you can recover part of the mortgage every month and fork out on the remainder yourself.

Regarding Selling your Affordable House - why not? There still is a market. You wont make any profit - But you wont lose out because the clawback covers you in case of losss of value(or so i believe)

Advertisement