Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Mortage for self-build - how do you go about it ?

Options
  • 30-07-2007 8:03pm
    Registered Users Posts: 4,184 ✭✭✭

Hi all,

How does one go about getting a mortgage for a self-build ?

Do you need to estimates that have to be signed off by somebody or how does it work ?

I'm literally just starting to look for info on building our house, so please forgive me if this is a stupid question :)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 45,916 ✭✭✭✭muffler

This query is not really for this forum. It could go into the Banking, Insurance & Investments forum but I will send it over to the Accommodation & Property forum.

You should talk to your local bank or building society rep or to independent brokers who will advise you of the processes involved. You will need an engineer/architect/technician to supervise the works and issue stage payment certs.

Advertisement