Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Heineken Cup 2007/2008

Options
  • 30-07-2007 7:51pm
    Registered Users Posts: 21,162 ✭✭✭✭

http://www.ercrugby.com/eng/12_7397.php
    European club rugby’s premier tournament, the Heineken Cup, will kick-off with an absorbing contest between the reigning champions London Wasps and the 2006 champions Munster.
    The clash of the immediate past and present Heineken Cup winners should provide an exciting start to the tournament on the weekend of 9 / 10 / 11 November which will see nine matches broadcast live on television with a wealth of Heineken Cup action for fans to savour. The first four rounds of the tournament will see increased television coverage with at least 33 Heineken Cup matches being shown live on television by ERC’s broadcast partners.
    The fixtures for the first Round 1 of the competition will also see Friday night action at Ravenhill, where 1999 winners Ulster Rugby will host Gloucester Rugby, and at Stade Aime Giral, where Perpignan take on Newport Gwent Dragons while the beaten 2007 finalists and former double champions Leicester Tigers will travel to Dublin to face Leinster – the Irish top seeds – on Saturday.

The fixtures, dates, kick-off times and host TV broadcasters for the opening Rounds, released by ERC today (Monday, 30 July), also see Magners League champions the Ospreys launch their bid to make the knock-out stages for the first time with a home tie against Bourgoin.

Harlequins, back in the tournament after a two-year absence, mark their return with a trip to France to face French champions Stade Français Paris while Glasgow Warriors, the Scottish top seeds, travel to Saracens and Italian champions Benetton Treviso will also be on the road when they go to London Irish.

Details of the additional TV coverage of Rounds 1 to 4 by ERC's broadcast partners, Sky Sports, France Televisions, Canal Groupe, S4C and RTE, including all live, delayed and highlights broadcasts, will be announced shortly. The fixture dates and kick-off times for Rounds 5 and 6 will be announced at a later date.

The fixtures, along with the times, are in the link. It be a massive post to include them in here. Details for the fixtures are only for the first four rounds, whereas rounds 5 & 6 dont have times or tv coverage yet. Some tough games upcoming for the Irish teams, shall be a very tough test for them to get past the group stages now, but still can hopefully pull it off.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 9,249 ✭✭✭Stev_o

Wonder how many 1st starters will be missing for most of those teams come November. Ulster and Gloucester should be a good match not very sure about Munster and Wasps i have a feeling its just going to be Academy Players etc. Leinster and Tigers be interesting to watch IF they had both full strength sides out on the field but again its doubtful again probably going to be 2nd sides or Academy players

• Registered Users Posts: 21,162 ✭✭✭✭Mushy

That'll be some chance for the upcoming players if that does happen. Big thing in the Irish Times today about Leinster not being happy with the kick off time in Toulouse. Its on at 8pm French time on a Sunday. That does seem a bit bizarre alright. They've appealed this though.

How hard would it be to get tickets for matches at the RDS for this? Just being up in UCD, I'm gonna try and get to more matches(Celtic League aswell, hopefully nearly all, ticket/money depending).

• Registered Users Posts: 11,987 ✭✭✭✭zAbbo

Mushy wrote:
    That'll be some chance for the upcoming players if that does happen. Big thing in the Irish Times today about Leinster not being happy with the kick off time in Toulouse. Its on at 8pm French time on a Sunday. That does seem a bit bizarre alright. They've appealed this though.

How hard would it be to get tickets for matches at the RDS for this? Just being up in UCD, I'm gonna try and get to more matches(Celtic League aswell, hopefully nearly all, ticket/money depending).
    It could be very difficult for HC games, considering there's gotta be at least 6-7k season ticket holders, and unless you're with a club...tickets could be hard to come by.

if you're considering going to all the games, grab a season ticket, I think there's some back on sale for around 220 euro.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,301 ✭✭✭Snickers Man

there must be some season tickets left. They are advertising them like mad on TV and in the national press.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,987 ✭✭✭✭zAbbo

there must be some season tickets left. They are advertising them like mad on TV and in the national press.
    Yes there are some, and thats what I advised, but with 6-7k season ticket holders, attractive 3 match tickets, away fans, leftover tickets going to clubs.... It's not a safe bet to assume you'll be able to pick up single tickets for attractive games.

There's still ST's available - https://oss.ticketmastereurope.com/html/pack_home.htmI?l=EN&team=leinsterrugby

Starting from €209 which is great value to see all the home games, and get options on away games / HC knockout

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 14,483 ✭✭✭✭daveirl

This post has been deleted.

Oh, dont know about the season tickets, dont want to spend that much money on anything really, trying to save big time for going away next year. Ah sure, the Celtic League matches will be fine anyway, and might get to know people to get tickets if possible.

RDS always seems like a cool ground on tv, just something about it. Is the capacity 15k yeah? Should be good and full for matches then, better than a more half-empty ground anyway.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,195 ✭✭✭✭Crash

Try and pick up a 3 match ticket set Mushy, they're really good value - and in 2006 leinster offered the chance for those who had bought them tickets to the leinster munster semi, so it was great :)

Cool, didnt know they had them. By the time the semi's come around though, I'll have no money for even walking to the shop at this rate. HOw do you around getting a three match ticket? Is it through the Leinster site?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,007 ✭✭✭pretty-in-pink

*yeah* i get to see all the matches this year! w00t!

i remember last year, if you googled "leinster rugby fan" it asked you "are you looking for 'munster rugby fan'"

it was brill.

ah i love my munster team

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,249 ✭✭✭Stev_o

*yeah* i get to see all the matches this year! w00t!

i remember last year, if you googled "leinster rugby fan" it asked you "are you looking for 'munster rugby fan'"

it was brill.

ah i love my munster team

If you do the same ull see that the first thing that comes up is Munster Fans ^^

Advertisement