Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Dundalk - train station to town hall

Options
  • 30-07-2007 4:14pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 8,417 ✭✭✭

Got to head to Dundalk on Thursday evening. Getting the train up and then making my way to the town hall. Hopefully these are quite close?

I've never been in Dundalk before so have no idea. Directions and/or a map would be appreciated. Can't seem to find a good one online.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,823 ✭✭✭neacy69

Heres a map:

map.JPG

The old Town hall is about 200 yards further in from where the directions stop....

Hopes this helps!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,417 ✭✭✭Miguel_Sanchez

Thanks a million.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,382 ✭✭✭petes

Make sure you tip into Toales across the road for a great pint of stout.

Just as an update - I was in Dundalk not five minutes when a car of young wannabe knacks drove past and shouted abuse at me and my friend (obviously wearing glasses and a scruffy 2nd hand suit jacket is a serious social faux pas there!)

What made it better was that the young fellas did a circuit of the town and came back so they could do it again! Genius!

Doing circuits of the town and shouting at people seems to be somewhat of a Thursday night pasttime in Dundalk. Later in the night I was standing with a large group of girls outside the Town Hall when a car drove by - some 'howya love?' shouts came from it. A few minutes later the same car came by again, this time with a topless young lad leaning out the window attempting to flex his muscles to impress the lady folk.

What a town! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 2,823 ✭✭✭neacy69

Good to hear you got to experience all the magestical sights of good ol' Dundalk!!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 148 ✭✭ladylorenzo

Just as an update - I was in Dundalk not five minutes when a car of young wannabe knacks drove past and shouted abuse at me and my friend (obviously wearing glasses and a scruffy 2nd hand suit jacket is a serious social faux pas there!)

What made it better was that the young fellas did a circuit of the town and came back so they could do it again! Genius!

Doing circuits of the town and shouting at people seems to be somewhat of a Thursday night pasttime in Dundalk. Later in the night I was standing with a large group of girls outside the Town Hall when a car drove by - some 'howya love?' shouts came from it. A few minutes later the same car came by again, this time with a topless young lad leaning out the window attempting to flex his muscles to impress the lady folk.

Because incidents like this would never happen in Dublin...or Wexford...or Athlone...or any other big town in this country for that matter. Every big town in this country suffers from an anti-social element in this day in age.

Fair enough, you had a bad experience..but that's one experience of Dundalk that you've had.And if you never want to come back, then fine, that's your perogative, but don't go slagging of a town you dont even know. It's not fair on all the other people, the vast majority of whom are good, decent people, who call Dundalk their home.

Because incidents like this would never happen in Dublin...or Wexford...or Athlone...or any other big town in this country for that matter. Every big town in this country suffers from an anti-social element in this day in age.

Fair enough, you had a bad experience..but that's one experience of Dundalk that you've had.And if you never want to come back, then fine, that's your perogative, but don't go slagging of a town you dont even know. It's not fair on all the other people, the vast majority of whom are good, decent people, who call Dundalk their home.

Lighten up there ladylorenzo. I thought it was funny and would hardly call some young lads thinking they're tough to be a 'bad experience'.

My whole post was intended as a small little amusing incident that happened and I think you're being extremely over-sensitive to take it as slagging off the town in a serious manner.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,235 ✭✭✭lucernarian

It was only lighthearted I thought. Sure Drogheda has more than its fair share of skanks IMO, but I don't mind admitting it or joking to my friends about it.

And coming from someone who lives near Dundalk's rival town, that should mean something:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 132 ✭✭Shane190

Lol!! at least you got a laugh!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 32,688 ✭✭✭✭ytpe2r5bxkn0c1

???????????????????/:confused:
    Why raise an old thread from last July???????????????

• Advertisement

I'd forgotten I was even in Dundalk until I saw this thread brought back from the dead.

Advertisement