Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Navision (or any SQL application) - System resources & Locked tables

Options
  • 30-07-2007 3:50pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 2,460 ✭✭✭

Is there any workaround for the pre-action table getting locked?

Is there not some way the system can make a duplicate and compare the data before merging them again or something so multiple people can work on it?

Also, how can I go about implementing time slicing of the CPU so users have a more consistent interface and don't hog resources for everyone else by creating reports and stuff?

Cheers.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1 chugelin

Hello,
    I was wondering if Microsoft or any partners had an answer for you. Simply put, how can Navision be an enterprise solution when that table can be locked up for hours on foreign exchange updates. I can't even do any user setups, etc...

Makes no sense.

Thanks

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,460 ✭✭✭workaccount

If your machine is locked for several hours you must be using a very slow computer.

Large database jobs need very powerful machines.

I'm not sure exactly what this foreign exchange job is your running but I know some processes on our system can take a long time.....and that's on a system with four xeons and 16G of ram.

Advertisement