Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Preferred Vendor Laptop

Options
  • 30-07-2007 3:57am
    Registered Users Posts: 149 ✭✭

Just been accepted into an MBS in Carysfort.

They require you to have a laptop, and offer you the chance to buy one as part of their "Preferred vendor" scheme. Would like to hear from anyone who hes either done this/knows some one who has done this.

Is the laptop good? good value? Both ? Neither?

I don't have any particular requirements for usage outside of the course, so I would imagine a reasonably basic unit will suffice.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Comments

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 7,484 ✭✭✭Red Alert

UCD have a strange policy when it comes to laptops on that one. Both their undergrad and postgrad business courses come under the remit of the ITLG as regards IT. Compared to connecting to the college network elsewhere (say in Eng for example) they seem to require the laptops to be set up in a specific way - i'm sure some people here or on UCD's forum might be able to tell you more about what they actually require.

Macs are becoming very popular these days, but beware as I have heard stories about them not being 'accepted' despite the fact that they do run all the required software. If you are thinking of going that route you might want to do your research on it first!

Remember to drop back here and let us know how you get on :)

Advertisement