Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

problems restarting (Dell Inspiron)

Options
  • 29-07-2007 8:20pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 2

hope someone can help!

I have a dell inspiron 630m and when i try to restart it, it shuts down, restarts again and i get the following message -

[XLDR] ATA error

and nothing happens!!

be grateful if anyone knows what this is/how to rectify, restart has never worked properly as far as i know...

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,568 ✭✭✭ethernet

A little reseach seems to link this error message to your hard drive's partition table. Did you recently install another OS or modify partitions on your hard drive?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2 qwert

no, haven't changed the os, nor the partitions as far as i know - i only really use it for music, the web and ms office, haven't touched anything system related.

its been coming up since the first time i tried restarting.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,568 ✭✭✭ethernet

Did you reflash the BIOS? On one thread in Dell's forums, a reinstall was suggested.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,347 ✭✭✭legs11

just take out the hard disk and see if you can salvage anything from another computer get a 2.5 --> 3.5 gender changer

then format it and slap on a new o/s.

Advertisement