Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Dublin to Southampton

Options
  • 28-07-2007 9:34pm
    Registered Users Posts: 6,315 ✭✭✭

How would you do it?

I'm thinking Dublin to Holyhead or Rosslare to Fishguard on the Stena Line day trip special. That's €160 and would mean leaving 8am from Rosslare and returning from Fishguard at 3am the following morning. Similar times for Dublin to Holyhead.

Irish Ferries are slightly cheaper but have no fast ferry on that route. Am I neglecting any ferry companies?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 386 ✭✭Revelation Joe

What about flying?
    Ryanair go Dublin to Bournemouth which isn't too far away - get a train for the rest of the journey. Flight departs 8am
    Southampton's a *long* way from Fishguard and even further from Holyhead.

• Registered Users Posts: 55 ✭✭marceldesailly

flybe go direct to southampton from dublin

flybe go direct to southampton from dublin

I knew *someone* did! :D
    A quick check says a return flight - out and back on Monday 30th would be €249.52 http://www.flybe.com/

• Registered Users Posts: 6,315 ✭✭✭ballooba

I'm bringing a pallet back from Southhampton.

Ah I thought it was going to be a regular thing!
    In that case, I'd go to Fishguard. It's nearer to Southampton, and the roads would be better (motorway all the way, I think...)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 17,733 ✭✭✭✭corktina

ya go to Fishguard or Pembroke...up the M4 as far as Newbury and then down the A34/M3.....or go down the M5 once you are over the Bridge and then along the coast road past Bournemouth...not too bad a road and quieter than the A34.....

• Registered Users Posts: 6,315 ✭✭✭ballooba

Yeah, it means driving two hours to Rosslare to save a two hour extra drive from Holyhead.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 220 ✭✭MLM

Done Southampton via both Holyhead and Fishgaurd. Fishgaurd is definately quicker and a lot less stressful. The M6 can be murder!

Advertisement