Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Transformers 2 story??

• 28-07-2007 7:02pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 418 ✭✭Alanthroneus

so im sure there will be at least one sequel any opinions on what its gonna a be. i have a few just wanna see if any one else has any .....

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,836 ✭✭✭Vokes

Probably Starscream back with a bunch of Decepticons to hook up with Skorponoks / Barricade. Maybe resurrect Megatron?

Another 2 new Autobots (Grimlock?) lost amongst the stars also hear Prime's message and touch down to Earth.

Prime to create an Autobot City with the remaining piece of the Allspark would be cool.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 418 ✭✭Alanthroneus

yeah? i was thinking it be like. Unicron will resurrect Meagtron as Galvatron .Starscreem will get some Deceptacons i agree there . maybe hotrod will arrive ,and at some point maybe not this one the next one ( if there is ) optimus will die and hotrod will take over as leader. maybe?

• Registered Users Posts: 14,685 ✭✭✭✭BlitzKrieg

i already put forward my theories in the other threads but seeing as this is the *official* theory thread:

It will be a middle point (since 2 sequels have been confirmed)

Starscream will play the central role.

He will trick grimlock into leading the dinobots to earth by probably exploiting grimlock's view of being the leader or strongest. And they end up being dinobots because they crash in the natural history museum or something and copy dinosaurs assuming they are common sights.

This will be the most of the first part of the film, in the background starscream has brought the constructicons and soundwave to earth to recover Megatron from the abyss by having soundwave *quietly* capture a aircraft carrier or tanker.

Turns out Starscream doesnt want Megatron only the other pieces of the all spark within his bodies and he is misleading soundwave but he brings the constructicons to his side by promising power.

they recover megatron and remove the pieces of the all spark it seems megatron is still dead but a hint of life is seen as the last piece is removed. Starscream *disposes* of the body and of soundwave.

when the dust between the autobots and dinobots has settled it takes sam to bring them over to the good side for the climatic final fight.

He returns to land with the constructicons for the final all spark piece. He uses the all spark pieces he has to allow the construticons to form devestator who kicks everyone's ass.

Until dinobots come at the end and save the day.

Starscream runs away, only to run into Megatron and Soundwave to be punished.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,144 ✭✭✭MarkHall

SofaKing wrote:
    Probably Starscream back with a bunch of Decepticons to hook up with Skorponoks / Barricade. Maybe resurrect Megatron?

Sorry mate Barricade dies off screen just after prime kills Bonecrusher on the freeway. Barricade makes an appearance and prime blats him.
    I figure it'll be an extra on teh dvd or they may chose to ignore it in order to use Barricade again.

Nice ideas there Blitz.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,039 ✭✭✭Theresalwaysone

I cant see the Dinobots being used. Wouldn't really make for commercial viewing. Like Jets, Choppers, Trucks and fashionable cars are all very hollywood,

Huge Mechanical transforming Dinosaurs......not so much.

Just my 2cents.

• Advertisement

• I'd love to see the aircraft carrier idea that Michael Bay talked about. It could be Metroplex or some decepticon:D I don't think the Dinobots would work well on screen, I wasn't too fond of Scorponok either. I think they should stick to vehicles and military hardware. Thats just my two cents though.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 296 ✭✭Thundercracker

According to IMDB.com its actually due in 2009, so we dont have to wait that long, and according to Cinema Blend and ET the greenlight has been given for the 2nd and even 3rd installations!

"I've got a lot of ideas for the next one. There's a lot of really cool, big robot stuff that I had in my head that we didn't do. I just want to see how this works. You might not grow as much as a director [to do a sequel]. But it's kind of like you have your baby and you don't want someone else to take it."
    Michael Bay on Transformers 2

My perdictions is that Galvatron is going to make an apperance. I felt Megatron was very misrepresented in the film, and I'd also hope that Barricade (who I didnt see die at the end of the film) and Blackout return. Hot Rod should also make an apperance, maybe open up a Rodimus Prime storyline for the 3rd film. Oh, and I really would like to see Grimlock, after all he was in the promo video for this one.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 16,584 CMod ✭✭✭✭faceman

i dont want bay to make the decisions on what TF will appear in the sequels, by his own admittance he wasnt originally a fan. fortunately one of the producers is a massive fan (cant remember his name now, di something or other) and knows his stuff. I was an interview with him online a few days ago and he said the door is open for dinobots, constructicons and insecticons.

Bay wanted an aircraft carrier that transforms but it sounds boring to me. I cant see how i would get excited about watching a slow moving aircraft carrier moving across the ocean. (sounds like a song!)

one way or another, judging from the recent public vote the producers put in the american press, soundwave will make an appearance one way or another!

• I'd like to see Ultra Magnus. Had the toy of him when I was a kid and reckon he would look cool on the big screen.

• Registered Users Posts: 30,746 ✭✭✭✭Galvasean

Already posted in another thread so copy n' paste time!

My sequel predictions:

2nd film: Starscream returns with new Decepticons including Jetfire and Shockwave. New Autobots include Grimlock (as a tank) and Arcee (I dont really want her in it but its looking that way now). There is a massive battle which devastates a large portion of Earth. Jetfire betrays Starscream and is killed in said battle. Optimus Prime dies and Grimlock is the new Autobot leader.

3rd film: After narrowly avoiding death at the hands of Grimlock in number2 Shockwave creates a new super warrior (Galvatron) from pieces of Megatron, Starscream and Jetfire. Galvatron proves to be unstoppable and inevitably betrays Shockwave. Shockwave is then forced to temporarily side with the Autobots. He uses his brilliant mind to resurrect Optimus Prime in a last ditch effort to defeat Galvatron.

I don't think they'll use Unicron considering the Fantastic 4 films are using Galactus. the stories would be too alike.

• Advertisement

you really have a hard on for shockwave.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 16,584 CMod ✭✭✭✭faceman

im startin to get deja vu with galvasean's posts. You have put the same posts in other threads?? :p

galvy baby wrote:

yeah I think he did.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,368 ✭✭✭thelordofcheese

Galvasean wrote:

My sequel predictions:

2nd film: Starscream returns with new Decepticons including Jetfire and Shockwave. New Autobots include Grimlock (as a tank) and Arcee (I dont really want her in it but its looking that way now). There is a massive battle which devastates a large portion of Earth. Jetfire betrays Starscream and is killed in said battle. Optimus Prime dies and Grimlock is the new Autobot leader.

3rd film: After narrowly avoiding death at the hands of Grimlock in number2 Shockwave creates a new super warrior (Galvatron) from pieces of Megatron, Starscream and Jetfire. Galvatron proves to be unstoppable and inevitably betrays Shockwave. Shockwave is then forced to temporarily side with the Autobots. He uses his brilliant mind to resurrect Optimus Prime in a last ditch effort to defeat Galvatron.

I don't think they'll use Unicron considering the Fantastic 4 films are using Galactus. the stories would be too alike.

that sounds awesome.

Galvasean wrote:
    Starscream returns with new Decepticons including Jetfire and Shockwave.

I hate to disapoint you, but for what its worth, Shockwave appears in the official game and is killed by Starscream in a secret level based on Cybertron after the events of the movie have ended. Both Decepticons end up arguing about who was more loyal to Megatron and Starscream kills Shockwave because he believes the latter was disloyal to Megatron and never wanted him around in the first place, thus confirming his status as Decepticon ruler. Although why Shockwave never appeared in the film always puzzled me because he has a big part in the game.
    Galvasean wrote:
    Arcee.

Acree is killed in the official comic prequel, as her and Bumblebee fight the Decepticons on Cybertron, and he is captured and tortured by Megatron before his vocal processors are destroyed. since the comic is billed as the official prequel to the movie and written by the same guys who write the script then thats prob the official line taken.

Acree is killed in the official comic prequel, as her and Bumblebee fight the Decepticons on Cybertron, and he is captured and tortured by Megatron before his vocal processors are destroyed. since the comic is billed as the official prequel to the movie and written by the same guys who write the script then thats prob the official line taken.

yay! The last thing we want is girl transformers!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 418 ✭✭Alanthroneus

i reckon if there is going to be a change in leader it will be Hot rod to Rodimus. WIth jazz's death * which was cool* it leaves the way open for Ultra magnus to come in . And then the whole Ultramagnus taking over the Autobots and the" oh no im not good enough to lead the Autobots" stuff will start then Hotrod will get the matrix etc. ( hopefully with the same song as the original film)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 216 ✭✭Belle Ende

No quasi-retreads of the old Transformers cartoon/movie canon.

I don't want an achingly unimaginative parallel (like Bayformers 1 ~= cartoon season 1, Bayformers 2 ~= cartoon season 2, Bayformers 3 ~= cartoon season 3). No Unicron. No Rodimus-replacing-Optimus. Just dull and dumb.

Something utterly new please.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 333 ✭✭Ger_Hankey

Belle Ende wrote:
    No quasi-retreads of the old Transformers cartoon/movie canon.

I don't want an achingly unimaginative parallel (like Bayformers 1 ~= cartoon season 1, Bayformers 2 ~= cartoon season 2, Bayformers 3 ~= cartoon season 3). No Unicron. No Rodimus-replacing-Optimus. Just dull and dumb.

Something utterly new please.

Amen.
    And more charcter developments of the robots (cons especially).

i reckon if there is going to be a change in leader it will be Hot rod to Rodimus. WIth jazz's death * which was cool* it leaves the way open for Ultra magnus to come in . And then the whole Ultramagnus taking over the Autobots and the" oh no im not good enough to lead the Autobots" stuff will start then Hotrod will get the matrix etc. ( hopefully with the same song as the original film)

i would be more eager to see further development of prime rather than a new autobot leader

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 744 ✭✭✭cold_filter

some good ideas here, i like the one about starscream gettign grimlock to come to earth then the atubots and dinobots unite to kick devastators ass in film 2 at the end megatron is revived and he almost kills starscream.

In film 3 starscream turn sides to the autobots and tells them of a new threat from megatron and ultimately betrays the autobots...

EDIT: Any idea of a potential release date???????????????????????

• faceman wrote:
    i would be more eager to see further development of prime rather than a new autobot leader

Exactly, and some more screen time/ lines etc. for the decepticons especially Starscream.

EDIT: Any idea of a potential release date???????????????????????

its pencilled for summer of 09

I think we can be certain that since Starscream and Barricade are the only two Deceptions alive as the film ends we will be sure of their appearance in future movies. Although, having said that, some people are saying that Barricade was killed offscreen by Optimus Prime and its going to be included as a deleted scene in the movie. It was a bit weird how he disappeared.

• Registered Users Posts: 30,746 ✭✭✭✭Galvasean

I hate to disapoint you, but for what its worth, Shockwave appears in the official game and is killed by Starscream in a secret level based on Cybertron after the events of the movie have ended

If the producers want Shockwave they can easily retcon him back into continuity (Shockwave has always proved nigh on impossible to kill) or they could ignore parts of the video game (or all of it) completely.
    Just use the official Spider-man movie tie in games as an example. They completely mess up the continuity.

Me? Shockwave? Wood? Never...

comic71.jpg
    Hail to the king baby.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 412 ✭✭GWolf

Prime bowing to Michael bay huh :D

Advertisement