Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Driving from Letterkenny to Cork

Options
  • 28-07-2007 1:24am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1,650 ✭✭✭

I'm driving from Letterkenny to Cork in the morning. Anyone done this journey? Wondering if I should go down the west via Galway etc or head towards Dublin and get on the motorways.

(Will post in Motors also if that's ok. Delete this if appropriate. Thanks.)

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 431 ✭✭donegalman1

shayser wrote:
    I'm driving from Letterkenny to Cork in the morning. Anyone done this journey? Wondering if I should go down the west via Galway etc or head towards Dublin and get on the motorways.

(Will post in Motors also if that's ok. Delete this if appropriate. Thanks.)

Have done it both ways a number of times. By Dublin is definately faster, not by a great deal but better roads most of the way.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,618 ✭✭✭Civilian_Target

Did Letterkenny -> Bantry in 1996. Definitely was faster then to go west coast. These days, at a guess, probably nothing in it! Scenery's nice on the west coast, and there are no tolls. Downside is there's lots of annoying small towns.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,640 ✭✭✭Gillie

West aswell!

Ennis Bypass is open now which makes a huge difference!
    Safe Journey!

• Registered Users Posts: 45,855 ✭✭✭✭muffler

Gillie wrote:
    Safe Journey!
    Nice gesture but a bit late - he went on Saturday last :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,650 ✭✭✭shayser

Just back. Long drive!. Went west on the way down, east on the way back. The way back was way better, I thought.

Only thing, on the way back got caught by a gatso overtaking a caravan at about 120 in a 100 zone. On the dual carriageway just before the motorway. Looked like they were sitting there waiting for the traffic coming off the boat.

• Advertisement
Advertisement