Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Semi sleep/hibernation mode

Options
  • 27-07-2007 6:10pm
    Registered Users Posts: 4,504 ✭✭✭

Ok, so I got a new lappy and I'm noticing a similar problem with it as I had with my other laptop.

That problem is that on ocassions, when I select the computer to go into sleep or hibernation the screen will go off (so its black) but the fan is still lightly running and the harddrive still scanning.....this keeps going, so the laptop obviously isnt 'asleep' or in 'hibernation', opening up the laptop screen does nothing, the screen is still blank, pressing the power button, sleep button, keys, does nothing, the computer is still running, but the screen is blank.

Only option is to hold down the power button and turn off the computer, which I dont like doing! Its a pain anyway, if you are working on something, close the lid expecting it to go into hibernation, but it doesnt, just the screen goes blank!

My Toshiba did the very same thing, I thought it was just a problem with that, but now I have a HP I'm experiencing the same problem.

Anyone have any ideas, or is it just me this happens to?

Advertisement