Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Inherited property, first time buyer

Options
  • 27-07-2007 11:14am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 2

Hi,
    Im hoping someone can help me with this problem. I inherited a property along with my many siblings, I had no interest in keeping the property so informed our solicitor that I did not want to keep my share of the inheritance which I was happy to hand over to my siblings.

I know inheriting a property does not effect your FTB status but a new solicitor appointed to us has just told me that I might be liable for stamp duty on my own home which I bought after I gave up my share in the inherited property.

Can anyone tell me if this true, the solicitor is going to check it out but I'm really worried about it.

Thanks

Advertisement