Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Downloading Installation Disk for Wireless Card

Options
  • 27-07-2007 9:28am
    Registered Users Posts: 5,881 ✭✭✭

Hi,

I recently got my laptop updated and need to reinstall my wireless card thingy

One of these:
    http://kbserver.netgear.com/products/WG511v1.asp

Only problem is, I've since thrown out the installation software (idiot, I know).

I think the link I have shown is where I download the necessary files but I'm not sure exactly what I have to download. I downloaded 'Driver Version 3.0' and put it on disk yesterday but this didn't work. It said it was corrupted. Is there anything else I need to download other than the Driver?

Thanks - or, if there's a better way to go about this, please feel free to offer advice!

Thanks Again...

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,568 ✭✭✭ethernet

That link isn't working for me. I tried digging up drivers for the adapter on Netgear's website but its server must be choking at the moment.

All you need to do is download the file and install it -- no need to put it on a disk unless you want to. Once the card is recognised, you can then apply the wireless settings, such as the network encryption key. If Windows can control the card, things will be much easier. In this case, you'll see the wireless symbol in the taskbar telling you a wireless network has been found.

Advertisement