Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Money from house sale

Options
  • 26-07-2007 4:02pm
    Registered Users Posts: 5,102 ✭✭✭

Ok I just sold my house :)
    So what way does it work now in terms of the cash.
    Say I'd 150K of a mortgage and I sold for 200K what will happen?

Will Solicitor pay off bank and transfer 50K to my bank account?
    Then I've to pay Estate Agent and Solicitor?
    Or what way does it work?

Also what are the average cost of Solicitors outlays?

Thanks
    M

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,139 ✭✭✭Jo King

The Estate Agent will have taken a booking deposit. He will take his fee and outlay from it. The Solicitor will have to undertake to pay the bank off on release of the deeds to him. He will take the money for this and other outlay and his fees from the purchase monies. You should have negotiated a fee with your solicitor before he took on the work. HE may charge 1% otherwise.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,366 ✭✭✭whizzbang

don't forget to pay the revenue if it was an investment or purchased as an FTB within the last 5 years (ie there might be stamp duty clawback)!

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 7,658 Mod ✭✭✭✭delly

Estate agent will take there fee from deposit , then forward you a cheque for the rest. Your solicitor will take there fee, then pay off your mortgage and give you a cheque for the balance. In relation to cost, you should have got a quote beforehand, but it could be anything from 1 to 3 grand ballpark figure.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,102 ✭✭✭mathie

whizzbang wrote:
    don't forget to pay the revenue if it was an investment or purchased as an FTB within the last 5 years (ie there might be stamp duty clawback)!

It was purchased in April 2002 as the PPR.
    I lived there with my sister until 8 months ago.
    We both moved out.

I've heard we have one years grace to avoid CGT?

Thanks
    M

Advertisement