Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Help with site hardwareversand.de

Options
  • 26-07-2007 3:26pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 793 ✭✭✭

Hey guys,
    Need some help. Tried to order this PC from www.hardwareversand.de. Phoned them up to ask them how to pay, and their English wasn't the best. Does anyone know how to pay them at all?

All I got from them was this:

Payment type: prepayment

Please use for credit transfer exclusively this account, even if you know further admits of accounts.

Remittee: hardwareversand.de
    GmbH
    Remittee account: XXXXXX
    BLZ: XXXXXXXXXX
    Financial institution: Deutsche Postbank AG Dortmund
    IBAN Nr.: DE 7344 0100 4607 3123 9469
    SWIFTCode: PBNKDEFF

Amount: 1.942,82 EUR Intended purpose: XXXXXXXXXX
    Please be appreciative of this restriction. We refer to the instance, that the procedure was automated therewith the transaction will be done as fast as can.

So basically does this mean its a money transfer thats going through, so I need to go to the post office to transfer the money over? They wont accept credit cards for some reason

Comments

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 18,275 CMod ✭✭✭✭Nody

German firms very very rarely accept credit cards.

Anyway the give away is the IBAN and SWIFT part, both relates to international bank accounts. IBAN stands for "International Bank Account Number" and I can't remember SWIFT on the top of my head. Simply go into your bank and they will give you a from to fill in for doing the bank transfer over to Germany.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 793 ✭✭✭white_falcon

ah ha. so its a simple as that? jaysus why cant they feckin just say that lol?

• Registered Users Posts: 111 ✭✭Tav

Any idea why german sites won't accept CC like any other decent business?
    :confused:

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 18,275 CMod ✭✭✭✭Nody

Tav wrote:
    Any idea why german sites won't accept CC like any other decent business?
    :confused:
    CCs are not popular in Germany (local type of laser cards are) and since you're buying in a German store...

Advertisement