Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Paying Finance company

Options
  • 26-07-2007 12:17pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,267 ✭✭✭

I am due to pay money owed to a finance company based in Belfast before next Tuesday. I rang them up to pay but they dont accept credit cards. So I said I will send a cheque. I sent a credit card cheque without thinking. Anyone reckon this might be a problem? Surely the cheque (from MBNA) is treated the same as any other cheque from a high street bank?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,493 ✭✭✭mcaul

A MBNA cheque is as good as a cheque from AIB / B of I. Both are registered as banks - MBNA is actually owned by Bank of America and is in the process of changing its trading name over here.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,846 ✭✭✭✭eth0_

Um, you do realise they expect the cheque to have *cleared* by that date? You would need to send the cheque 3 weeks before the due date, to make sure it clears in time...

• Registered Users Posts: 2,267 ✭✭✭kc66

I asked the guy when I rang them yesterday if its ok that they receive the cheque by the required date and he said it is. He better not be mistaken.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,493 ✭✭✭mcaul

Normally when a cheque is received it is accepted as the payment date except when stated otherwise.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,925 ✭✭✭RainyDay

SHould be OK at their end - You do realise you'll be charged interest by MBNA from the day the cheque is presented?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,267 ✭✭✭kc66

Yeah thats something I only realised recently. I was wondering why I was getting charged interest. It was the handiest way of paying it though.

Advertisement