Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

LA Galaxy explosion

• 26-07-2007 1:08am
    Registered Users Posts: 4,116 ✭✭✭

So, I was walking down Grafton St. today and went into a sports shop and the place was bombarded with LA Galaxy Jerseys. This is pathetic people, are Irish people really that stupid to jump on a stupid bandwagon. If anyone buys the jersey on boards, I will personally hit you.

Sorry but this one takes the biscuit!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,592 ✭✭✭Ro: maaan!

What's LA Galaxy?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,178 ✭✭✭Irish Wolf

Ro: maaan! wrote:
    What's LA Galaxy?

I think it's a Soccer team...

• Registered Users Posts: 5,485 ✭✭✭Thrill

Jaysus, I thought there had been a terrorist attack or something from the thread title.

I haven't seen any Galaxy stuff yet myself. Don't want to either.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 36,634 ✭✭✭✭Ruu_Old

Down with this sort of thing. :mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 6,592 ✭✭✭Ro: maaan!

Irish Wolf wrote:
    I think it's a Soccer team...
    lol

• Registered Users Posts: 2,178 ✭✭✭Irish Wolf

Ro: maaan! wrote:

Me likes No.2...

See also: lmao, stfu

Actually.. whatever happened to the boards "cards" - I vaguely remember them from my lurker days..

• Registered Users Posts: 6,221 ✭✭✭Rowley Birkin QC

I thought La Galaxy was a French chocolate bar. <guffaw>

On topic, I saw these for sale today in Athlone. I laughed heartily at the skangerette who was buying one for her sprog.

Henceforth LA Galaxy jersies shall be known as the mark of the skanger.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,815 ✭✭✭✭po0k

sockcuckers.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,196 ✭✭✭Crumble Froo

Ruu wrote:
    Down with this sort of thing. :mad:

careful now :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,277 ✭✭✭✭Rb

Henceforth LA Galaxy jersies shall be known as the mark of the retarded.

fyp.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,681 ✭✭✭ziggy

• Closed Accounts Posts: 28,128 ✭✭✭✭Mossy Monk

So what if people are buying LA Galaxy or Sunderland jerseys?

• Registered Users Posts: 559 ✭✭✭Skittlebrau

creggy wrote:
    are Irish people really that stupid to jump on a stupid bandwagon.

Do you really need to ask this question? :rolleyes:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,484 ✭✭✭JIZZLORD

ffs, this is the same as every knacker toddler at work wearing a madrid shirt with beckham on the back!

• Registered Users Posts: 26,061 ✭✭✭✭Terry

Move to soccer or not?
    Hmm.
    A good bitching and moaning AH thread or a soccer thread where everyone hates everyone else?

Meh. It's all the same. ABU, 1966 and all that.

Please note: Any incursion of soccer rivalries will result in a permanent ban.
    That means if I see so much as a "<insert team here>" are shoite you will be banned forever and ever and ever.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,971 ✭✭✭✭Kintarō Hattori

creggy wrote:
    ......I will personally hit you.

OK! I don't really like football or pretty much any sport, but I'm off to buy a jersey so you can make good on your promise above!

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 60,086 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tar.Aldarion

Who? What?

What is wrong with wearing the jersey?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 41,926 ✭✭✭✭_blank_

It's the same bandwagon that passes through Dublin and Kerry every summer.

It's the same bandwagon that passed through Ireland when Liverpool, ManYoo and other British teams, like Celtic, got popular.

It's the same bandwagon that passed through Ireland when BoD, Stringer and the lads got good.

It's the same bandwagon that passed through Ireland last March and April when the cricket world cup was on.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,563 ✭✭✭connundrum

What is wrong with wearing the jersey?

Its racist, and sexist.

Let them eat cake

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 14,166 Mod ✭✭✭✭Zzippy

Terry wrote:
    Move to soccer or not?
    Meh. It's all the same. ABU, 1966 and all that.

Small boys. Jumpers for goalposts. Oooh...marvellous! :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,956 ✭✭✭layke

Irish Wolf wrote:
    Me likes No.2...

See also: lmao, stfu

Actually.. whatever happened to the boards "cards" - I vaguely remember them from my lurker days..

A lot were lost due to crappy data backups, ssome are still on the boards wiki, or they used to be anyway.

This is going to save some time. Now we don't even need to tattoo them before we intern them, just grab everyone wearing these jerseys.

Excellent.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,309 ✭✭✭✭Bard

LA Galaxy are no more 'foreigners' than Man United, etc. so it's all the same really.

I support Dundalk.

Sort of.
    Irish Wolf wrote:

THESE? :)

• Registered Users Posts: 4,930 ✭✭✭Jimoslimos

Its no different to people buying clothes with designer labels (calvin klein, polo, etc,). Beckham has long become a fashion brand as opposed to simply a footballer. And fair play to him, wouldn't go out and buy stuff with his name plastered on it, but it makes a change from every other professional footballer who goes into "coaching" once their career is at an end (regardless of their aptitude for it)

• Subscribers Posts: 32,850 ✭✭✭✭5starpool

I was flying from LA to Dublin a few days after Beckhams 'launch' and the release of their new (practically carbon copy of real madrid) jersey, and in the queue was this young irish lad, about 15 maybe, wearing the LA Galaxy. My first reaction was 'how sad' then I realised I didn't really care.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 60,086 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tar.Aldarion

Oh, so I take they are some american team that acquired David Beckham.
    No different than people wearing a man Utd Jersey or a Celtic one.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,584 ✭✭✭shane86

So what. Maybe its a nice jersey (for all the hype before it Sky showed about 5 seconds of the actual match with Chelsea, I can barely recall the jersey). I have a Real Madrid one, I dont passionately follow La Liga, I won the jersey in a raffle and its probably one of the nicest any European team has :) Im sure most of yis have a hoody with the name of some American college whos sport you arent even aware of

• Closed Accounts Posts: 375 ✭✭im_invisible

ziggy67 wrote:
    Pathetic.
    Just as bad are the bandwagon jumpers who are buying Sunderland jerseys.
    ive got the jersy, but where are these jumpers your talking about?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,296 ✭✭✭RandolphEsq

creggy wrote:
    So, I was walking down Grafton St. today and went into a sports shop and the place was bombarded with LA Galaxy Jerseys. This is pathetic people, are Irish people really that stupid to jump on a stupid bandwagon. If anyone buys the jersey on boards, I will personally hit you.

Sorry but this one takes the biscuit!!!

Just got mine today!! Im calling my friends now to go up to UCD to play some football so I can wear it!!!