Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Says it all really....

Options
  • 26-07-2007 12:50am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 7,266 ✭✭✭

1-38.jpg

:D

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 21,676 ✭✭✭✭smashey

So true.

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 35,064 Mod ✭✭✭✭AlmightyCushion

Screw Gap. You can't beat pennys.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,438 ✭✭✭jhegarty

6 minutes... must have been some queue at the till

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 35,064 Mod ✭✭✭✭AlmightyCushion

jhegarty wrote:
    6 minutes... must have been some queue at the till

nah there's probably a pub in there somewhere.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,060 ✭✭✭Niamho!

a Typical days Shopping. lol. i always go out to But one thing that i NEED and come out with at least 3 bags of crap.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,262 ✭✭✭✭jester77

6 mins... yeah there must def. had to have been a pub on the first corner, otherwise he would have went straight for the shop!

• Registered Users Posts: 25,243 ✭✭✭✭Jesus Wept

Bought a pair of shoes today (not a frequent occurance).

I was on my way back to Dublin after visiting my dad down the sticks,
    I step off a bus on O'Connell street and think....

'hmm I really need a new pair of shoes' so I walk to a shoe shop on Henry street....

Time Taken .. .. .. .. .. Action

27 seconds - Enter shop, Browse suitable shoes
    47 seconds - Request size 11 from a shop employee and wait to receive shoes
    23 seconds - Try shoes on, check in mirror (bit metrosexual :confused:)
    54 seconds - Purchase shoes & exit shop (damn queue :mad:)

Total time taken: 2 mins 31 seconds.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,372 ✭✭✭The Bollox

if it was me, I'd make a bee-line to the shop assistant "what have you got in size 13?" show's 3 pairs, I pick the blackest pair, try one on, go to till and exit.

depending on how fast the assistant is in retrieving the shoes, I'll be out of there in cerca 3 mins max

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,575 ✭✭✭✭FlutterinBantam

"circa"

• Registered Users Posts: 9,926 ✭✭✭trout

"circa"
    As a rule, if you have size 13 feet ... you can spell all words any way you please :D

Personally, I shop twice a year for shoes. I buy the same shoes, beloved of Gardai and bouncers everywhere, and I wear them till they start to smell.
    Then it's time for a new pair.

When there are no more shoes to wear ... it's shopping time.

Mrs trout treats shopping as a military exercise ... and she does it with her friends, in her own time and with her own money. I must be the luckiest man alive. :D

• Advertisement

trout wrote:
    As a rule, if you have size 13 feet ... you can spell all words any way you please :D

Personally, I shop twice a year for shoes. I buy the same shoes, beloved of Gardai and bouncers everywhere, and I wear them till they start to smell.
    Then it's time for a new pair.

When there are no more shoes to wear ... it's shopping time.

Mrs trout treats shopping as a military exercise ... and she does it with her friends, in her own time and with her own money. I must be the luckiest man alive. :D

Now you just have to figure out how to get red meat back in your diet. :D:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,793 ✭✭✭✭Hagar

Does anyone else buy two or three identical pairs of shoes at the same time?
    Mrs Hagar still can't come to terms with it.
    I don't even try them on just tell the assistant my size and say "Have you got them in Black?" and that's it.
    Am I odd?

Hagar wrote:
    I don't even try them on just tell the assistant my size and say "Have you got them in Black?" and that's it.
    Am I odd?

no sir, you are a fcuking genius, especially considering the pair of shoes I wear the most, are the exact same type as the last ones I had, so I should and will take your lead in the future.

If i had a hat, I'd take it off.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,485 ✭✭✭Thrill

Hagar wrote:
    Am I odd?

Nope, your not odd. I do the same myself, though I normally only get the two pair rather than three.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,515 ✭✭✭✭admiralofthefleet

thats why i go shopping alone, i leave her indorrs to browse around the ilac while i go and get what i need, by the time im back with all my shopping she is still there looking and saying "well do you think these will go on me" while im thinking hurry up the fcuk and get to the epicurian

Hagar wrote:
    Am I odd?

I should really start doing this because every time I buy shoes it's always the pair that most look like the last ones I bought. The only problem is I couldn't really justify spending a fortune on shoes when there is beer to be bought.

I only buy two pairs a year. One pair of runners and a pair of big heavy steel toe boots for when I'm out on my motorbike. Takes 20 minutes depending on how busy town is, for me to get from mahers sports up to Mc Carthy's to get the boots. Simple and time efficient. It would take my sister or any other wimmin at least 3 hours.:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,372 ✭✭✭The Bollox

"circa"
    what? it's a perfectly cromulent word

• Registered Users Posts: 518 ✭✭✭beerbaron

The Bollox wrote:
    what? it's a perfectly cromulent word

He's certainly embiggened his vocabulary

I bought a pair of shoes yesterday and it took me about six minutes. I had to go to a second shoe shop as the first only had crap shoes.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 13,295 ✭✭✭✭Duggy747

I was shocked when I drew this out in the pub on Saturday, nobody got the joke at all!! Pfft, and they call themselves men!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,921 ✭✭✭✭Pigman II

6mins is embarrasing! Could you not at least have taken a diagonal path from the Front entrance to the Gap entrance? That's a minute of drinking time you'll never get back.

• Registered Users Posts: 686 ✭✭✭mickrourke

I'm sorry, I'm new here but I think i've missed something.
    Is it just me or is this thread about men buying shoes!
    Worse than Wimmin, talking about how you buy your shoes!
    I would paint my feet black and lace my toes together, before i would buy shews. Shews are things that just appear in your press, that your wimmin bought you, or your ma bought you! You should all be ashamed of yourselves, starting a thread about shopping, let alone admitting it. i think this should go into threads that are just wrong.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,793 ✭✭✭✭Hagar

It's not about buying shoes really, it's about minimising the effort involved.

Hagar wrote:
    It's not about buying shoes really, it's about minimising the effort involved.

I'm not so sure, soon there's going to be mentioning of shops that stock good shews and then discounts and then shew shops with sales on. Sounds a little bit un BG & RH to me... I mean look at this
    I had to go to a second shoe shop as the first only had crap shoes.

Thats the start of it, going to 2 shew shops in one day.

Mind you, if there are nice girlies who help you try on shews, that would be acceptable.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,831 ✭✭✭Slow Motion

mickrourke wrote:
    Shews are things that just appear in your press.

It's actually a very subtle discourse on Shakespere and the taming of the Shew in particular. Did you not pick that up ? ;)

mickrourke wrote:
    I'm not so sure, soon there's going to be mentioning of shops that stock good shews and then discounts and then shew shops with sales on. Sounds a little bit un BG & RH to me... I mean look at this

Thats the start of it, going to 2 shew shops in one day.

Mind you, if there are nice girlies who help you try on shews, that would be acceptable.
    I would have bought a pair in the first shop but they were all metro shoes so nuts to that.

I would have bought a pair in the first shop but they were all metro shoes so nuts to that.

Good Man, a pair o' Brogues is what you want for the Sunday Mass.

But since when did men start buying shews and clodes?
    I think everyones Ma here bought all their Da's clodes and probably still do. (except for mine, my ma left me da an now he dresses in stuff he nicks off scarecrows)
    Even down to the bailing twine he uses as a belt.

Advertisement