Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Only a girl could....

Options
  • 25-07-2007 11:58pm
    Registered Users Posts: 720 ✭✭✭

Ok brothers first time poster but have a story for everyone

Went to see the simpsons movie tonight, with the lads, but one of them had invited the girlfriend! So she had got his ticket, don't ask me why she had it. It was gettin close to the film starting and they hadn't shown up.

Film started at 8 they turned up at ten to 9................she read the price of the ticket for the time................8.50

Highly Dump-able offence!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 12,683 ✭✭✭✭Owen

PMSL. Sounds like something my other half'd do.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,863 ✭✭✭✭crosstownk

Phfftt.............wimmin :rolleyes:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,249 ✭✭✭✭Kinetic^

WHAT A RETARDO!!!!! :rolleyes:

:D wimmins, whats to be done with them

• Registered Users Posts: 5,485 ✭✭✭Thrill

A blond by any chance? :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,730 ✭✭✭Naos

I was looking up my spanish dictionary one day and laughed when I seen the word for a ducks quack was "Graznido" in spanish. I proclaimed this out loud to the audience of my bro, sis and dad.

My sister looked at me and said, "Wait, does that mean that cows make a different moooing sound in France?"

Another time her(19) and lil bro(11) were having a spelling competition. She asked him "Tornado", he spelt it correctly.

He asked her "Cyclone", she told him to stop making up words...

There are so many more.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,515 ✭✭✭✭admiralofthefleet

he only has himself to blame, he must always wear the la la ears. [everything that she says just registers as la la]

• Registered Users Posts: 720 ✭✭✭Ravage1616

She is a read head! but might as well be blonde!

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 35,064 Mod ✭✭✭✭AlmightyCushion

Ravage1616 wrote:
    Highly Dump-able offence!

Jaysus, I'll admit she's not the brightest but there's no need to sh!t on the poor girl.

Ravage1616 wrote:
    She is a read head! but might as well be blonde!

Are you blonde or just pissed?

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 21,252 Mod ✭✭✭✭Dub13

The first time I brought my other half to Anfield to see a match we were on the Kop both teams came out for the standard warm up (Pool Vs Man Utd) tracksuit tops on the works.They go off after a few min and MrsDub13 stands up and says...'is it half time already'.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,385 ✭✭✭pred racer

Mear wrote:
    I was looking up my spanish dictionary one day and laughed when I seen the word for a ducks quack was "Graznido" in spanish. I proclaimed this out loud to the audience of my bro, sis and dad.

My sister looked at me and said, "Wait, does that mean that cows make a different moooing sound in France?"

Another time her(19) and lil bro(11) were having a spelling competition. She asked him "Tornado", he spelt it correctly.

He asked her "Cyclone", she told him to stop making up words...

There are so many more.

Immortal lines from my sister

"I was on the way home from weight watchers, and I stopped in for a burger and chips"

and the best ever "connoly station please" thinking that the luas ticket machine was voice operated

• Registered Users Posts: 11,334 ✭✭✭✭Collie D

pred racer wrote:
    Immortal lines from my sister

"I was on the way home from weight watchers, and I stopped in for a burger and chips"

and the best ever "connoly station please" thinking that the luas ticket machine was voice operated

In fairness to our dim sisters I know a guy who said "Water on...soap on..dryer on.." etc to those automatic sinks in McDonald's when they were first introduced. Think he thought he was on the Starship Enterprise or something

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,367 ✭✭✭✭watna

Hold on a minutes boys... I'm a girl and I would NEVER read the ticket price as the time. Also, I am always highly fair and rational,* ask my bf if you don't believe me!

* may not be entirely %100 true!

watna wrote:
    Hold on a minutes boys... I'm a girl and I would NEVER read the ticket price as the time. Also, I am always highly fair and rational,* ask my bf if you don't believe me!

* may not be entirely %100 true!

No such thing as a fair and rational woman...and to think the Brothers had a little respect and trust for you until you blatantly lied to us...your cover has been blown

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,367 ✭✭✭✭watna

Damn.... and I was doing so well. I did give you a small indication that I am a aware I am not always rational!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,921 ✭✭✭✭Pigman II

Sorry B+RH members but if my G/F actually paid for cinema tickets for me AND (whether intentionally or otherwise) caused me to miss 50 minutes of that sh!tfest I'd seriously be considering marraige now.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,335 ✭✭✭Cake Fiend

Women: fair, rational and good-looking (pick two).

Cake Fiend wrote:
    Women: fair, rational and good-looking (pick two).

Good-loooking was hypenated so I'm gonna cheat and count that as two

• Registered Users Posts: 1,152 ✭✭✭carlowboy

Pigman II wrote:
    Sorry B+RH members but if my G/F actually paid for cinema tickets for me AND (whether intentionally or otherwise) caused me to miss 50 minutes of that sh!tfest I'd seriously be considering marraige now.
    QFT

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 22,143 ✭✭✭✭Esel

Years ago....BIL got tickies for Nighthawks. Four of us going. So I said "It's on at 10:30, suppose you'll be picking us up around 9:30 then?".

"No, 9:00, want to beat the traffic."
    "Traffic?"
    "Yeah, rush hour".
    "WTF?"
    "We have to be there at 9:30 a.m.".
    "Wha'? That can't be right...".
    Gets ratty. "Look, I have the tickets. Do you want to come or not?". He is an electronic engineer, so I shut up.

So, I take a half-day from work; we walk in to RTE reception 9:30 a.m. on the dot. Him to receptionist: "We're here for Nighthawks". Her: "Do you want to talk to someone from the NH team?". "No, we're here for the show".

When we rolled back there at 9:30 p.m., I stood well back in case they had a camera crew waiting for us. Anyway, got sozzled on the good beer (had to scheme to avoid the Carling) and stocked up for the show. Joshua Trio were on, doing "Little Drummer Boy". A mate, Robbie Foy, got us all to roar out a different chorus "And Adam does those drugs he does, parappapampam". Didn't come over one the tape though! I still kick myself for giving in on that one!

btw, he is BG&RH, but does have the Crolly doll transplant.

Not your ornery onager

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,921 ✭✭✭✭Pigman II

I understood some of that.

Pigman maybe we can trade the pieces of Esel's story that we understood and try to make some sense of it?

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 35,064 Mod ✭✭✭✭AlmightyCushion

esel wrote:
    Years ago....BIL got tickies for Nighthawks. Four of us going. So I said "It's on at 10:30, suppose you'll be picking us up around 9:30 then?".

"No, 9:00, want to beat the traffic."
    "Traffic?"
    "Yeah, rush hour".
    "WTF?"
    "We have to be there at 9:30 a.m.".
    "Wha'? That can't be right...".
    Gets ratty. "Look, I have the tickets. Do you want to come or not?". He is an electronic engineer, so I shut up.

So, I take a half-day from work; we walk in to RTE reception 9:30 a.m. on the dot. Him to receptionist: "We're here for Nighthawks". Her: "Do you want to talk to someone from the NH team?". "No, we're here for the show".

When we rolled back there at 9:30 p.m., I stood well back in case they had a camera crew waiting for us. Anyway, got sozzled on the good beer (had to scheme to avoid the Carling) and stocked up for the show. Joshua Trio were on, doing "Little Drummer Boy". A mate, Robbie Foy, got us all to roar out a different chorus "And Adam does those drugs he does, parappapampam". Didn't come over one the tape though! I still kick myself for giving in on that one!

btw, he is BG&RH, but does have the Crolly doll transplant.

Eh what? :confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 22,143 ✭✭✭✭Esel

Seems clear enough to me?

For the cerebrally challenged: Nighthawks was a live TV show that aired at 10:30 P.M. My brother-in-law insisted we had to be there at 9:30 A.M.

Guess you had to be there.

Not your ornery onager

• Closed Accounts Posts: 26,567 ✭✭✭✭Fratton Fred

I heard a great story from Newcastle.

When Newcastle got back into the premiership, with Kevin Keegan at the helm, it was nigh on impossible to get tickets for St James Park. Anyhow, from the start of the season, there ere two empty seats, week in week out and all the guys that sat around them were asking the club if they could buy the season tickets for these seats as they had a mate who wanted them etc, but the club kept saying no, they are taken.

On St Stephen’s day, a father and son turn up and sit in the seats, for the first time that season. The guy sitting next to them asked where they had been since August, to which the father replied that his wife had bought him and his son a season ticket each – and given it to them as a Christmas present!!

Advertisement