Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Laptop to TV display (easiest way?)

Options
  • 25-07-2007 8:46pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 83 ✭✭

What's the handiest way to display what's going on on your laptop on your tv. I was thinking since my mp4 player has an option to just use the AV cable with the mini jack then breaking into a red white and yellow wire I could do this with the laptop. It comes out of the headphone socket and then you just stick it straight into the tv. The only thing is you need to click a "tv out" button on the mp4 player. Do you think you could get software that would tell the laptop to send video to the tv. Or is there an easier way?

Comments

Does your TV have a VGA connection? That would really be the easiest option.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 83 ✭✭stepperupper

No. Nor does it have S-Video connection. It's a piece of crap actually.

Then I wouldn't bother connecting my laptop so. I t doesn;t sound like its worth the bother.:D

• Registered Users Posts: 23,212 ✭✭✭✭Tom Dunne

What ports does your laptop have? S-video? HDMI? VGA?

Advertisement