Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

An Post - Returned To Sender

Options
  • 25-07-2007 4:53pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,556 ✭✭✭

I recently got a parcel sent over from Hong Kong but was not home to recieve it. I was left a delivery slip to collect at my local sorting office. On this it says that they will hold the parcel for 16 working days from the 11th July. I went up to the sorting office yesterday and was told to ring a phone number which I did and was told that my parcel had been sent back to Hong Kong and Id have to contact HK to send it back when they recieve it.

Now, since it has not been 16 working days since the 11th, nor has it even been 16 days, where do I stand here. Am I likely to be charged again by the shipper in HK for postage and would I have any luck getting that out of An Post if I am charged again as it is there fault it went back when it shouldnt have.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 32,379 ✭✭✭✭rubadub

that is terrible, not even 16 calendar days. Dunno where you stand, an post are at fault without a doubt. I get all packages sent to my work address to prevent that happening.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,556 ✭✭✭Slunk

I mean its going to take a week and a half to get back to HK then if I get it sorted out, another week and a half to get back over here. Im not a happy bunny :(

• Registered Users Posts: 3,132 ✭✭✭oneweb

The collection office where I live is pretty small so they send back items after 3 days if not collected.

You'll likely have to pay for shipping again. Was the 16 day hand-written or printed on the slip?

It is what it's.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,556 ✭✭✭Slunk

It has the options like little tick boxes.Wehter it is a Letter / Parcel / Packet and its origin Ireland / UK / Foriegn

The options ticked are "Parcel" and origin "Foriegn"

Down below it says:
    "Parcels if not collected or delivered will be returned to the sender:
    Ireland - 5 Working Days
    C.O.D - 10 Working days
    UK / Foriegn - 16 Working Days "

So why was my parcel sent back? If I have to pay postage from HK again then there would have been no point in ordering from HK. Surely An Post have to do something about this.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,330 ✭✭✭Gran Hermano

Taken from: http://www.comreg.ie/postal/complaints.549.html

Complaints about universal postal services provided by An Post

Contact An Post’s dedicated customer service team, outline the complaint and ask for it to be resolved.

Phone: 1850 57 58 59
    Letter: Customer Service, GPO, FREEPOST, Dublin 1
    Fax: (01) 809 0900
    Email: customer.services@anpost.ie
    ComReg will be pleased to assist if you are unhappy with the outcome of An Post’s investigation. We will review your case and tell you if we can take further action for you.
    You can contact ComReg in the following ways.
    Phone (LoCall): 1890 229 668 (9.00am to 5.30pm) Monday to Friday
    Letter: ComReg Consumer Team, Irish Life Centre, Block DEF, Lower Abbey Street, Dublin 1
    Fax: (01) 804 9671
    Email: consumerline@comreg.ie
    You may also contact the Office of the Ombudsman if you are not happy with how An Post has dealt with your complaint.
    You can contact the Ombudsman in the following ways.
    Phone: 1890 22 30 30
    Letter: 18 Lower Leeson Street, Dublin 2
    Fax: (01) 639 5674
    Email: ombudsman@ombudsman.gov.ie

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 438 ✭✭wasim21k

dont tell me these help line i lost register post.
    friend of mine send me sd card from Shanon in register post after week rang post office and they said that was delivered to your place.
    i wasnt at my place and no one ever there to receive any parcel or register post. (coz i lived in flat) rang back to help line they said fill form and send us i
    think it is more then 16 months.

i would say you'll be lucky if you get any response at all.

Advertisement