Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Listen to this awesome Schubert Quartet

Options
  • 24-07-2007 12:25am
    Registered Users Posts: 413 ✭✭

I'm a big fan of Schubert and this is my favourite quartet of his. Its the Quartet No. 14 in D minor D.810 'Death and the Maiden'.
    I've only included the first part. Those who wish to listen to it all can easily find the rest.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2Yy9szBIKCw

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,980 ✭✭✭Kevster

That's good - yeh - and I had never heard it before. When it starts, I'm reminded of the scene in the modern Titanic film where the violinists start playing a tune just as the ship disappears into the water (along with them, still playing!).

I recently started playing the violin myself... ...it's such a beautiful sound.

• Registered Users Posts: 413 ✭✭Marathon Man

I'm glad that you liked the piece Kevster. I've only taken up the violin recently too.
    I was thinking of making 'Listen to this awesome piece by_______' a regular thing. It could be interesting. Hopefully youtube has enough good classics to keep the millions of viewers on the Classical music board entertained.:) We'll see.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,487 ✭✭✭banquo

/chants

Schu-bert, Schu-bert, etc...

Advertisement