Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Which house

Options
  • 23-07-2007 9:02pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 247 ✭✭

Guys Have been looked at two houses in Maynooth one was 360k and the other 385....got the 360 down to 330 and we were happy with it but last night my parents have offered me part of my inheritence now if i want it. Just wondering should i take it and buy the dearer house. It's in a better place nearer town centre etc.....my mind is wrecked with it

Comments

• Moderators, Regional North West Moderators Posts: 19,103 Mod ✭✭✭✭byte
    byte

If you think you'd be happier living long term in the dearer house, then maybe go for that one.

It would be bad to buy the cheaper house and then regret buying the one you wanted more.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 43 BlackIguana

Take your time, don't put deadlines on yourself and you'll make the right decision....

Dangerous making such calls when you are really caught up in it. If "your head is wrecked with it" it sounds like to you need to detach yourself from it for a while...

I obviously don't know the details (apart from what you posted) but try to think rationally about the real time constraints involved and whether these are real or actually self-imposed.

In the current climate houses aren't going anywhere. Similar places, and maybe the exact same ones will be in sale in a few months and prices may well be reduced etc... No harm 'sleeping on it' until september.

It sounds like your parents are supporting you too. So no rush.

Advertisement