Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Installing GAPI/Divx Player on Airis/Chicago GPS Unit, Please Help

Options
  • 23-07-2007 6:05pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,497 ✭✭✭

Hi there,

I got my Chicago 8000 from Komplett last week (it uses the same Route 66 Software as the Airis).

I want to be able to play divx movies on it (like you can with the Airis) and have installed GAPI on it from here:

http://www.wincesoft.de/html/gapi_for_hpc_s.html

and PocketMPV Video player:

http://www.wincesoft.de/html/pocketmvp.html

The installations seemed to go fine but the problem is that rather than booting to a desktop the device automatically boots to a route 66 screen where you can only choose the Mp3 player or the Route 66 SatNav software.

Does anyone know how I get around this, like I said the two programs installed fine, it's just that I cannot open the Video Player.

PS I have a 2gig SD card that is mostly full of European maps. Is it ok to get rid of some of them to have room on the card for movies and mp3's?

Thanks in advance.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,497 ✭✭✭blobert

Anyone???

I'd really like to be able to get this working and I'm sure it's just something small that is stopping it from working.

Still hoping someone might be able to point me in the right direction...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 42 Jib51

By default, WinCE desktop is hidden on your Airis ! That's why you don't have access to your new programs.

You need to unlock your device, go here :
    http://www.gpspassion.com/forumsen/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=56036

(sorry only in French, but just dowload the file and install it).

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,686 ✭✭✭JHMEG

Hold the soft power button (on the side), and keep it held. Press reset (on the bottom) with the stylus and wait (still holding power) for it to boot. It will boot to the desktop (it'll give some error, but just click ok).

JHMEG > this is only for one boot !
    On next boot up, default interface will come back.

This is ok when you want to access WindowsCE from time to time...

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 7,686 ✭✭✭JHMEG

Jib51 wrote:
    JHMEG > this is only for one boot !
    On next boot up, default interface will come back.

This is ok when you want to access WindowsCE from time to time...

Works all the time for me, unless I do a *hard* reset.

JHMEG > you mean that it boots on WindowsCE desktop instead of Airis interface, all the time, without using your method, each time ?

With a soft reset, you go back to original interface as well :(

Hi folks, I'm still not able to boot to the Windows CE desktop, i tried the above suggestion but it does not work, I think it might be for the Airis as opposed to the Chicago unit.

If anyone has any advice on how to proceed I'd appreciate it.

Thanks,
    Robert

Advertisement