Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Lowest 3 year fixed mortgage

Options
  • 23-07-2007 3:47pm
    Registered Users Posts: 470 ✭✭

Hi,

Does anyone know what bank is offering the lowest 3 year fixed mortgage rate? Amount is under 500k.

Thanks

Comments

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 32,280 Mod ✭✭✭✭The_Conductor

There is insufficient information there to go on.
    For example- are you looking for a 100% mortgage- or much lower percentage (the lower the percentage, the less of a risk you are to the bank, as the safer their equity is (your house) in a falling market.

Ditto- your employment, salary, eligibility for protection etc all come into play.

A mortgage of 500k is difficult to get, fullstop, at the moment, as with interest rate increases it becomes prohibitively expensive unless you are on a very very high salary.

• Registered Users Posts: 470 ✭✭PIMPHO

Won't have an issue getting the mortgage (I hope anyways) as my parents are going guarantor. I have been approved and offered a mortgage with EBS for $445k, 3 yr fixed mortgage at 5.59% which is a joke really! Not happy with their rate so going else where and hopefully get a better rate or get them to reduce their rate

• Closed Accounts Posts: 999 ✭✭✭Noelie

3-year fixed( rolling to ECB + 1.25%) 5.4% €2,723.37 €2,516.88 €2,379.51, 25, 30 and 35 year respectively
    It's with bank of Ireland, but you'd really need to get onto each bank as they may not give you as much as EBS

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 32,280 Mod ✭✭✭✭The_Conductor

BOI will give you 2 years fixed at 5.1%

Advertisement