Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

coffee table with no legs & out of square

Options
  • 23-07-2007 1:59pm
    Registered Users Posts: 5

This is a double barrell question about a slightly out of square rosewood table top I have that would be perfect as a large coffee table.

Question 1: By out of square I mean one corner sits about 2 or 3 cm up off the ground when the table is layed flat. I'm only a basic DIYer so there some simple way to straighten it or should I just leave it alone?

Question 2: I need to add legs to the table. I'm thinking square mahogony legs, about 10cm square by 40cm high (are these about right or is it too high/low?). But where can I get my hands on some mahogony? I'm in South East Meath, so West Dublin, North Kildare and obviously Meath are all accessible to me. I would consider getting someone to add the legs, but I dont want to spend a fortune - any suggestions?

Thanks in advance

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 689 ✭✭✭JoeB-

Hi Re239

I don't think you can do much about the 'twist' in the tabletop, basically you could try some things and probably not really have any decent results. Maybe you should just use it as it is. What dimensions is it?

10cm x 10cm legs are quite large for solid hardwood! Perhaps a local joinery shop could help you get something? Or you could make them up from smaller sections glued together?

Cheers
    Joe

Advertisement