Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Louth Taxi Services

Options
  • 22-07-2007 10:11pm
    Registered Users Posts: 612 ✭✭✭

Has anyone tried to get a taxi from Ardee at night recently. I live a few miles outside the town and it is getting more and more difficult to get home after a night out.

Does anyone have the number of a couple of reliable companies?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 668 ✭✭✭mise_me_fein

I've a good few numbers if ya want.

• Registered Users Posts: 612 ✭✭✭okmqaz42

Please post them.
    Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 18,272 ✭✭✭✭Atomic Pineapple

yeh post them is right, anytime i get dragged into goin out there i can never get out of the place!

yep! going out there tonight and I will have to flip a coin to see who gets to get drunk so we can get home after.

okmqaz42 wrote:
    yep! going out there tonight and I will have to flip a coin to see who gets to get drunk so we can get home after.

well was it any good of a night? how long did it take ya to get home or did ya get a designated driver?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 32,688 ✭✭✭✭ytpe2r5bxkn0c1

ZZZZZZZZZZZZzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzZZZZZZZZZZZZZ

Got very very drunk, waited two hours for a taxi, typical saturday night for Ardee.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,184 ✭✭✭✭Pighead

Pighead was stuck in Ardee once. Asked barman were the taxi rank was. He sniggered and gave me a number. Theres your taxi rank buddy.

Rang the number and some guy called Chicken Rooney answered. Said he wasn't working tonight as he was watching telly. Couldn't believe my ears. Ended up getting Muldoons courtesy bus home.

Chicken Rooney if your reading this: Sort your shit out!

Pighead, welcome to my world!!
    I have to admit that on more than one occasion I have deliberately ended my night in a certin bar knowing that the barman would be sympathetic to my plight and give me a lift home.

used to be out in ardee the whole time but all the taxis in the area are ****, have tried most of them and none of them were anyway consistent or anything, its a joke, needs a small taxi rank badly

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 106 ✭✭noels little bu

*edited*

try these, i find them very reliable :D

Thanks Noel little bu, they are working a treat!!

okmqaz42 wrote:
    Thanks Noel little bu, they are working a treat!!

haha get out of ardee man ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 8,382 ✭✭✭petes

There used to be a taxi rank beside The Castle Inn. Still had to wait agges to get home though.

petes wrote:
    There used to be a taxi rank beside The Castle Inn. Still had to wait agges to get home though.

That rank is nothing but a distant memory at this stage!

• Registered Users Posts: 8,382 ✭✭✭petes

okmqaz42 wrote:
    That rank is nothing but a distant memory at this stage!

Thats why I said "used to be".

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1 ardee_dame

have recently started to use a new taxi from tallanstown - very reliable when they say they'll be there they are
    *no names or numbers please*

• Moderators, Regional North East Moderators Posts: 12,739 Mod ✭✭✭✭cournioni

If people are looking for a number for a taxi in any area of the North East, please use private messages. No advertising. Thank you.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,080 ✭✭✭eamoss

Remember when I was in 5th year and my hole year went out in Ardee was a great night until we went to get home. Spent 3 hours waiting round in Ardee trying to get a lift home was not to much fun.

Ha just after remembering one of my mates asked one of the girls for a lift home she said sure but then her mother said no even though she was leaving home some of the other girls. Then he got a lift home with us and couldnt remember where he lived. :D

Advertisement